Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » Spread Betting for Trading the Volatility
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Spread Betting for Trading the Volatility

One thing is for sure - my dividend friggin' days are over

. I just looked at the money made this week column and not the money made...er...lost this month column. I will still beat the market hands down but the objective is to make money not to lose it. It is difficult to say whether I played a blinder or cocked it up this month. I got some things right e.g. SNR (Senior PLC), CNE (Cairn Energy PLC), MDC (Media Corp PLC), VGM (Vatukoula Gold PLC), MML (Medusa Mining PLC), DDT (Dimension Data PLC) and even FXPO (Ferrexpo PLC) yesterday. And I got some things wrong..mostly things that I sold that then went up again and I didn't buy back e.g. SOLO (Solo Oil PLC), BAO (Baobab Res.PLC). And then there are some things I bought back that carried on down e.g. CHNS (China Shoto PLC).

These 'wild' weeks are difficult. One doesn't' know whether it's the start of something really nasty or just a correction. I can't afford to lose money so I take a defensive stance, selling and buying back. When you get a rebound, it generally would have worked out better to have sat it out but in 2007 that was not the case. How does one know? I therefore prefer to accept lower gains for safety but it isn't half frustrating on weeks like this.

What does work for me is the notion that one has to be first out and first back in. Waiting to be last out and first back in, or even last back in is just a money loser.

This time I did things a little differently. I didn't sell SNR (Senior PLC),, I added. Ditto MML (Medusa Mining PLC), and CNE (Cairn Energy PLC). That's a bit of shift for me and I'm delighted with outcome. I did sell DDT (Dimension Data PLC) and that went rather well. MONI (Monitise PLC) I screwed up. Sold at bottom and bought back higher. Doh.

So...the .FTSE looks to end mid-year some 6% down, against which I am likely to end down just below 1% and, at worst, when FTSE was down 11%, I was down 1.5%. Not bad but I may have to buy budget toilet paper for a month as a punishment for not doing better. I am up on the year, so doing well there as well. Phew.

By: David
Platform For Equities Trading Wild Green Is An Organic And Bamboo Clothing Retailer For Both Men To Women Is It Smart Decision To Buy Wholesale Towels? Day Trading Robot Scheme? What's The Truth About This Controversial Program Stick To A Plan To Control Emotions In Trading Emini Day Trading and determining trend direction Option Trading - Eto's, Otc's And Indexes Options The Future Of Facebook - An Online Retailer's Perspective Klariti Template Rapidshare Trading Advice - Define Capital Source e20-522 rapidshare Speak Japanese Fast Rapidshare Succeed With Strategic Web Promoting
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.188.168.28) Paraiba / Alagoa Nova Processed in 0.011648 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 2242, 496,
Spread Betting for Trading the Volatility Alagoa Nova