Insurances.net
insurances.net » Home Business » Selecting and Starting the Perfect Home Business for You. How to know if a Home Business is a Good Match for You by:Lesley Spencer Pyle
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Selecting and Starting the Perfect Home Business for You. How to know if a Home Business is a Good Match for You by:Lesley Spencer Pyle

Selecting and Starting the Perfect Home Business for You. How to know if a Home Business is a Good Match for You by:Lesley Spencer Pyle

One of the most frequently asked questions I hear is

, "How do I know if a home business is right for me? I really want to work from home. I'm just not sure what to do." So many times, we want instant answers. If only the Magic8 ball from our childhood would tell us which home business is right for us. Unfortunately it does not work that way. And one of the biggest mistakes women make is rushing into a home business without researching a wide variety of businesses that may be better suited for her.

I've seen far too many women grab at the first thing that looks even a little promising without realistically thinking about all of the aspects of their personality, their unique needs and the business or career requirements. A person is much more likely to succeed when she selects a career or business that matches her unique personality and needs.

Donna Bliss, Owner of (http://www.mymiraclebaby.com) shares, "I knew my business was the right match for me because of the joy it gave me. I felt a drive and energy unlike anything I've ever experienced before. People say you have to believe in the products you're selling, but I didn't understand that concept at first. Once I decided I didn't need to be rich but just wanted to sell products I believed in, I knew I was doing exactly what I was meant to do."

So how do you know if a home business is a good match for you? It's really not as difficult as some make it out to be. First thing you should do is spend time thinking about your strengths, your experience, your interests and most importantly, your passions. What are some things you truly enjoy doing? Take some time to do a very informal self assessment. Ask yourself questions such as: What am I good at? What am I absolutely PASSIONATE about doing? When you are passionate about what you are doing and love what you do, working and making an income are met with enthusiasm and eagerness. Not only will you enjoy it, your customers and clients will enjoy doing business with someone who truly loves what they do.

Next ask yourself: What is my previous work experience? What types of skills do I have? Once you've gathered that information, check out some books on home business ideas such as: 101 Best Home-Based Businesses for Women by Priscilla Huff or The Best Home Businesses for the 21st Century by Paul Edwards.

Take some time to decide which type(s) of businesses listed best fit your unique personality, passions and experience.

Once you've come up with at least one business idea that meets your needs, consider the viability of your business. Is there enough interest in your product or service for your business to succeed? Who is your competition? Can you differentiate your business from theirs?

Some other key steps you'll want to take are: Develop a business and marketing plan, even if informally, to outline your business ideas and how you will develop and grow your business. Commit yourself to work at least 6-12 months with the possibility that you won't make much income until your business becomes somewhat established. It takes dedication and a delicate balance to start and grow your business without neglecting yourself, your faith or your family. As your business grows, it demands more time so it is important to have a plan. You may need to hire outside help for childcare, your housework and/or hire an assistant. It is important to keep track of where you are spending your time so that you keep your priorities in order. Bottom line is nothing should be as important as your faith and your family.

Additional Resources: (http://www.sba.gov) - SBA's Small Business Planner, (http://www.SCORE.org) - offers free business counseling.

About the author

Lesley Spencer Pyle is the founder and president of the HBWM.com, Inc. Network which includes Home-Based Working Moms(http://www.HBWM.com) and HireMyMom.com (http://www.HireMyMom.com). Pyle has been featured in numerous publications including Forbes, Entrepreneur, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Parenting, Dr. Laura's Perspectives, Family PC and many others. She has 4 children ages 18 months to 14 years and has been working from home since the first baby was born!

Copyright 2008 by Entrepreneur.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Why an Unexpected, Nasty Surprise Might be Facing Florida Homeowners This Spring by:Michael Letcher How Affiliate Marketing Can Enable You To Work From Home How to Succeed in Network Marketing While Protecting Yourself From Scammers by:Daniel Herzner New Home Buying Tips by:Gregory Garner Home Based Business Office: The Challenges And Benefits Of Working At Home by:Lori Olson Money Saving Advice - Sixteen Ways to Save Money on Your Gas and Electricity Bills by:Mark Aucamp Homemade Hang Tags For Small Businesses by:Robert Johnston Increasing Self-Confidence in the Workplace by:Scott Brown Great Buys are Found in Foreclosure Homes for Sale by:Otto Ruebsamen Mortgage Advice for the First Time Home Buyer by:Rachel Jackson Selecting a Home Mortgage in Today's Market by:Bill Marinelli Virtual Wholesaling Houses Is the NEW Trend in Real Estate Investing by:Duncan Wierman Make Money From Home by:Marc Wilson
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.128.199.130) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.013871 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 4668, 54,
Selecting and Starting the Perfect Home Business for You. How to know if a Home Business is a Good Match for You by:Lesley Spencer Pyle Ann Arbor