Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » Retail Strategy in India – I
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Retail Strategy in India – I

Retail Strategy in India – I

Author: Jethendra

Retail strategy is a process of defining the direction and scope of a retail firm over the long-term, which achieves advantage for the firm through its configuration of resources within a challenging environment, to meet the needs of market and to fulfil stakeholder expectations. Before developing the strategies it is vital to visit various aspects of strategies. So in order to understand the relevant aspects, the different strategies are handled (of this series of blogs) at different sections to make it easy for a retailer to understand better and develop strategies from time to time. This blog contains the first section which deals with concepts like vision, mission, store differentiating strategies, retail growth and expansion strategies. a. Strategies to develop vision: Many retailers do develop a vision before venturing into retail business, so that the direction of the company is set in order to achieve profit maximization and efficiency. Some of the questions answered for setting directions are: 1.Why am I in business? 2. Who do I serve? 3. How big is my market? 4. What is my purpose? b. Strategies to develop mission: After setting vision, retailers do develop mission at different stages in order to achieve the vision. For example, what are the accomplishments needed to be made during the next planning period (2-3 years usually) in order to get closer to the vision. c. Store differentiating strategies: After setting mission, it is important to position retailer as unique in the market. Some of the marketing techniques like segmentation strategy, positioning etc are found beneficial to establish strong identity in a specific market. Using these strategies, a retailer differentiates himself from the competition and establishes an image that is unique. For example, the strategy of Big Bazaar is to position itself as the best, cheap and quality products provider among the competitors in the market. d. Retail growth and expansion strategies: Growth is an inevitable desire of a retail business. In the present retail environment, it is harder than ever to grow by rolling out more stores and more SKUs. So, planned or purposeful growth requires a framework for thinking about growth opportunities like optimizing, expanding and redefining the business. It requires a process to investigate, generate, evaluate, and initiate growth opportunities. Some of the aspects which require undergoing above said process are: 1. Developing stratergies by integrating with economic indicators like GDP, disposable income, population, consumer preferences, and demand. 2. Identification of existing growth patterns that we can position towards it. 3. Evaluation of unmet needs of the consumer, market, channel, accounts that are not being pursued by competitors. 4. Internal or business model barriers that are preventing potential growth. By defining these specific directions, it helps a retailer to develop strategies which are justifiable, realistic and sets a retailer on right path to achieve vision of the company. Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is simply passing the time. Action with vision is making a positive difference. - Joel Barker Contd.. Jethendra. B. K

Retail Consultant CustoLogix Solutions

CustoLogix with its experience on retail strategy consulting, help the retailers across globe to develop strategies on sales units and profits. To know more about retail strategy consulting opportunities please visit CustoLogix at www.custologix.com/serviceAbout the Author:

Retail Consultant,

Lead Business Analyst
Planning Holidays To Magaluf For The Family Planning Cheap Holidays In Magaluf Winning Back Your Ex - Are You Looking For Strategies For Definite Success? Here They Are! Physician Retention Strategies - You've Got 'em, Now, How Do You Keep 'em? Planning Your Blind Date Powerful Strategies on How to Get Your Ex Back Blankets - Retailers Carry Patchwork Heritage Collection To Help A Great Cause Retirement Planning - Tips For Proper Retirement Planning Secrets to Great Forex Strategies Fore Expert Advisor – A Must For Your Trading Enjoy Trading and Enjoy Life Day Trading Robot Day Trading Indicators and Indicator Trading
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.119.139.50) Wyoming / Casper Processed in 0.013816 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3764, 496,
Retail Strategy in India – I Casper