Insurances.net
insurances.net » Home Business » How to Plan Your Home-Based Business With Tickler File System
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

How to Plan Your Home-Based Business With Tickler File System

If you find "to do" lists frustrating, or if you prefer to work with actual papers instead of lists, another personal planning option is a tickler file system, so named because your files are designed to "tickle" you when it is time to accomplish certain tasks. A tickler file system keeps your current papers organized and easily accessible. This is the approach I recommend to people who stuff papers in their planner (a bad idea, in that it prevents you from using your planner effectively and your papers can get lost or ruined).

Tickler file systems only work if you refer to them daily. I recommend using a "to do" list over this because this gives you greater control over the tasks that need your immediate attention. Also, if you choose this approach, your "to do" lists will reflect what papers are in your tickler files.

Before I describe them to you, it's only fair that I confess I am not fond of using tickler file systems in place of a "to do" list. A tickler file system is not as precise as a "to do" list; it's easier to ignore, it makes long-term planning difficult, and it increases the time it takes to retrieve papers because you have several places to look for any one document.

Here is a step-by-step guide to setting up a tickler file system based on the days of the week.

1. Find a place to store your folders. In that they are current files-that is, you will be referring to them often-you need to keep them easily accessible. Either store them in your desk file drawer or in a vertical file holder on a surface near your desk.

2. Label a hanging folder Weekly Activity. Within this folder, place interior folders for each day of the week you work. For example, if you usually work Monday through Saturday, label six folders.

3. Into these folders, put the papers you will be working on for the week. In order to do this, you need to determine which projects are most urgent and when you are most likely to handle them.

4. At the beginning of each day, look at that day's folder. Work on those papers all day. If you don't get everything done, move the papers you haven't worked on into another day's folder.
Are You the Right Person for a Low Startup Cost Home Business? The Number 1 Top Ranked Home Business Opportunity Which Online Home-Based Business Opportunity Is Right for You? Become Your Own Boss with an Online Home-Based Business Opportunity An Easy Home Business Opportunity Why You Need To Host Your Own Home Business Websites Choosing a Home Business Opportunity What Home Business Opportunity Is Perfect For You? Make Your Home Business Successful by Following 5 Tips The prospect of ecommerce in China Payday Cash Today – Get Rid of Expensive Bills in Hours How to Make Money Online in Less Than 12 Hours or Best Home Based Business Opportunity How To Earn Cash From Home - How To Earn Cash From Home without Investment - How To Earn Cash Online
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.123.238) / Processed in 0.005850 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 2308, 54,