Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Designer shades are big business
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Designer shades are big business

Are you in the market for a new pair of designer sunglasses this summer

?It's the season for it, and you can spend hundreds of dollars on your next pair of shades. Some Prada and Burberry Sunglasses pairs will run you nearly $500, and that's if you don't need prescription lenses. Even more moderate design labels like Ray-Ban or REVO can cost a couple hundred bucks.

Designer shades are big business, even in this economy. I keep hearing about the new age of frugality, but I'm not seeing much of it at the mall. Sunglass Hut's same-store sales in the U.S. rose 10.8% in the first quarter, pretty much erasing the slump in early 2009.But are these expensive brands worth it? How much better are they, really, than the $25 pairs you can get in your local pharmacy?

The eye doctor telling you that you need a new pair of glasses, the sales people helping you choose them, and the people who design and make the glasses all work for the same company. Make of it what you will. But if your financial advisor was actually employed by the mutual fund company that he recommended for your portfolio, you'd at least want to know.The markups are as big as they seem. Whenever I have bought a new pair of regular eyeglasses, I have always reflected on how little I seem to get for my money. I can sort of understand why lenses are so expensive, as the material has to be made and ground precisely.

But $100 or $200 for frames? These are bits of metal or molded plastic. Once I bought tiny slivers of hollow titanium that weighed considerably less than the bills I was handing over.The cost of a new pair of ED Hardy sunglasses will of course reflect materials and labor. But the price will also reflect brand values and marketing -- and how much consumers will pay.

Designer shades are big business

By: angle
Cash Advance Loan No Credit Check:-get Fast Cash Aid Without Any Credit Check Cash Till Payday: Get Speedy Cash Till Your Next Payday VOIP and the Small Business, Saving Money and Increasing Efficiency E-bay Is One Of The Effective Businesses Plastic Bottles Are Versatile And Have Many Uses For Business And Leisure Increasing The Business With The Help Of Promotional Gifts (business Calendars, Etc.) Why Plan For Business Succession? The Importance Of Brochures In Business To Business Marketing The Benefits Of Fiber Optics For Business Cash Loans – Understands Your Financial Wants Neon Beer Signs Are Great To Boost Up Your Business Leading Process To Generating Cash On-line China Chemical Pesticides Industry Profile - Cic2631--- Aarkstore Enterprise
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.129.208.25) Michigan / Detroit Processed in 0.012519 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2220, 146,
Designer shades are big business Detroit