Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » Can I Negotiate My Shipping Prices?
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Can I Negotiate My Shipping Prices?

If you're just automatically paying the price that your Houston messenger delivery

service quotes you on every delivery, then you might be spending far more than you need to on your delivery services. The truth of the matter is that there is actually much more room for negotiation when it comes to shipping rates than most people realize. If you take the time to think about your options and open a dialogue with your courier company, you could be very happy with the savings that you find.

Many courier companies will be willing to have some flexibility on their rates if you try and negotiate with them. The first, and possibly the most important step, is to ask to speak to someone about negotiating your prices. If you do not, they will simply continue to charge you their base rates forever. You may have to speak to some kind of manager in order to speak with someone with the authority to change the posted rates.

When you're negotiating with a courier company, if you want to be successful, you should ideally have something to offer them. If you've got a big new shipping contract that you can award to the courier company, or if you can offer to make them your exclusive courier, you're going to stand a much better chance of getting a discount of some kind. The key to any successful negotiation is that both parties should have something to gain.

Another thing that you should keep in mind when trying to negotiate the shipping price that you're paying is the respective size of the companies in question. If you're a very small company, trying to negotiate a rate from a large courier might be futile. On the other hand, a small company might be willing to bend a little to keep every customer that they can. A larger company that is shipping all over the world might have a great deal of success negotiating with an international courier, because they will very much want to keep your business.

What you should be chasing after in your negotiation is a drop in the overall rate that the courier company charges you. There is no real point in trying to negotiate a discount on every single shipment you send, because the overall savings won't be worth the time you spend negotiating. A corporate discount that applies to all your shipments though, is every worthwhile.

by: Henry Davis
What Does Ltl Shipping Mean? What Is The Fastest Us To Canada Shipping Option? Global Exchange Vacation Club Valuable Benefits about Vacation Ownership Ways To Cut Down Shipping Costs three Causes Why a Global SIM Credit card Will Enhance Business Money Stream Aarkstore Enterprise---global Dialysis Market 2009-2013 Reduce Your Additional Freight Shipping Fees. Global Environment And Global Warming Best Stock Trade Company - Global Investment Banking Along With Stock Trading Company Global Beverage Forecast And Its Methodology Taking A Look At South Koreas Economy: Strathclyde Associates Guide To Purchasing Vertical Blinds Brand Agencies Building Global Brands
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.190.219.65) Sao Paulo / Pirapozinho Processed in 0.012084 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 2392, 465,
Can I Negotiate My Shipping Prices? Pirapozinho