Insurances.net
insurances.net » Global Economy » Beware Of Ups Shipping Email!
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Beware Of Ups Shipping Email!

Just today I received an email about an invoice payable to UPS delivery service

. My first reaction was, do I really owe UPS money? I both read and write about IT security blogs daily but this got me thinking about a new scam. I didnt click on the link to check the detail because I realized that this email got past our email filter. And we do use a trusted and secure email filter, whose identity shall remain nameless for now.

Shortly thereafter, a colleague of mine sent an email to me regarding the same information, only targeted towards him. I decided to hover my mouse over the link in the email, only to see that, it was directed towards another site which was not UPS.

Here is the email scam: ** PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS ON THIS PORTION OF THE BLOG**

UPSBillingCenter

This is an automatically generated email Please do not reply to this email address.

Dear UPS Customer,

New invoice(invoices) are available for viewing in UPS billing center. Please note that your UPS invoices should be paid within 21 days so as not to incur any additional fees.

Please surf to the UPSBillingCenter to access and pay your invoice.

Find out more about UPS:

Visit ups.com

Explore UPS Freight Services

Learn About UPS Companies

Read our official journal

________

(c) 2012 United Parcel Service ofAmerica, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved. ________________________

For more information on UPSs privacy practices, refer to the UPS Privacy Policy.

Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. UPS will not receive any reply message.

For questions or comments, visit Contact UPS.

This communication contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the reading, copying, disclosure or other use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are instructed to please delete this e-mail immediately.

Privacy Policy

Contact UPS

**END OF EMAIL FROM UPS SCAM**

All the information looked pretty legitimate and almost convincing. I have to admit that it almost had me fooled and I surely would have felt like a fool, especially since I follow security news so closely.

I immediately informed our IT support team about the email and we decided to share this information with our clients and the rest of the world. It shows that not all emails, viruses, and malware that are floating around can be completely secured, and users are still susceptible.

Since we are a highly respected IT support provider and consistently discuss these types of security topics and issues, I was lucky that I didnt click on the link but I was definitely close. It just goes to show how the common user probably wouldnt think twice about an email like that and Bam! A virus has entered your system or even worse, the whole network. This example does not accuse users of being dumb, but it demonstrates how easily duped they can be if they just accept things on face value.

Please keep an eye out for emails like the ones described above and dont click on just on any link in an email, even if it seems like its from a trusted source. Inform your IT support provider immediately or just give us a call!

Written by IT Support and IT Consulting Professionals at FedSolutions. Thanks for stopping by!

by: ThinkTech Blog
Us Stocks Profit Downfall Due To Slow Global Growth Clinical Chemistry Market Report & Forecast (2012 2015): Global Analysis Things To Consider When Purchasing Metal Buildings Ten Important Tips For Purchasing A Pet Vitamin Hyundai Being Sued Over Its Elantra Fuel Economy Claims Global Manager Group - The Best Place For All Your Iso 14001 Needs Ways To Carry Out The Purchasing Crochet Bathing Suit On The Web? Middle East Ict Is Gaining Impetus Globally International Furniture Shipping Company Risks Of Shipping Hazardous Items During Your Residential Move Purchasing Mens Grooming Products Global Security Today Tourism And Global Warming At Mt. Everest
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.135.62.42) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.009672 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 3686, 465,
Beware Of Ups Shipping Email! Ann Arbor