Insurances.net
insurances.net » Parenting » Best ADHD Drug? Why Parents Need to Know The Truth
housing Family Parenting baby
]

Best ADHD Drug? Why Parents Need to Know The Truth

Do you really think that a drug which is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor will actually work to treat ADHD? Well, many doctors and parents are convinced that this type of medicine on the market is the best ADHD drug. If you asked them a few pertinent questions, you might be surprised and shocked at the answers.

Here are some questions I would ask them. Let us say that we take the most popular of the norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors such as Strattera and ask the following. I have included answers which are based on the latest research news and feedback on these drugs. Other popular names for this type of medication are Axepta and Attentrol.

How exactly does this work? - Nobody knows exactly

Are there are risks?- Yes. There several significant ones which ruin many a childhood.

Will it actually cure my child's ADHD? No.

Are there newer drugs which are more effective? No

As we can see from the answers, there are millions of people who are using, abusing and failing to get real results from the so called best ADHD drug on the market. It is absolutely true that there may be some relief from some of the well known side effects of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD) but that is as far as these drugs go.

The relief may come in the form of better attention span, less distractability, better concentration, sharper focus, less fidgeting and a reduction in hyperactivity. But over the long term, this type of ADHD drug therapy is not the answer. This is the truth that parents need to know. But before we look at the alternatives, let us look again at the first question I asked above.

How exactly does a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI) work? According to the Mayo Clinic, these drugs work just by adjusting the balance of the brain chemicals called norepinephrine, serotonin and adrenaline. These are all closely associated with mood and executive functions. They use the words 'seems to help brain cells to send and receive messages'. As I said, there are no precise answers to the questions and there is a lot of doubt about the effect of these drugs on the child's developing brain.

So ADHD drug therapy has a lot of question marks hanging over it and all the major medical bodies are now recommending a much more comprehensive approach which can tackle the real issues behind ADHD and which can produce tangible results. This is also another part of the truth that parents need to know.

If you really want the best possible and the safest type of treatment available for your child and are suspicious that the so called best ADHD drug is not the answer, why not visit my website to find out more.
Single Parent Grants: Your Way to Independence! For the Single Parents Fitness for Parents and Baby with the InSTEP Run Around LTD 2 Double Jogging Stroller Christening Presents That Speak Through You to the Parents Getting to Know the Different Types of Parenting Styles Government Assistance For Needy Parents - Single Parents Grants The Pain of Watching Your Parents Age Learn How to Handle Stress as a Parent Signing Is Even for Dads, Grandparents, and Nannies! Single Parent Grants: Addressing the Future Single Parents: A Challenging but Rewarding Job How your State is Helping you by Giving Single Parent Grants The Effects of Single Parent Families
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.137.148.243) / Processed in 0.010605 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 22 , 2816, 70,