Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » A Lesson In Leverage
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

A Lesson In Leverage

A few weeks back I had a meeting with an extremely successful company that was facing a very common problem

. They have an in house IT person (just one), and a marketing director as well. Both of them were on payroll earning a very nice salary by the majority of people's standards. The CEO of this company, however, has not been very happy with either of these 2 people's results, and this is having the end result of hurting both the company's top and bottom lines. In order to set up more accountability for each department within the company, the people in charge of management have requested a detailed listing of the scope of responsibilities and planning that every department has. Despite having requested this several weeks prior to my meeting, they continue to wait for these things to be delivered.

I write frequently about how important it is to make sure you have a proper strategic plan in place for all organizations. Actually, I wrote an eBook about it not too long ago. The reason I wrote it was for companies that can't or don't want to hire us to help with the creation of a strategic plan, and the book is meant to help entrepreneurs to get on the right path as fast as possible with a very simplistic method to creating their own strategic plan.

The big consideration that makes having a strategic plan so important is that the act of creating it allows a company to properly lay out the Mission, Goals, Objectives, Vision, Actions, and Accountability that is so extremely important to being a successful business. The business I mention in this article is currently creating and improving their strategic plan. I submitted a Services Agreement to compliment their planning process and speed up their business development efforts. This will help the company to quickly create a true marketing plan, not to mention the most valuable thing to this specific business, properly guide the creation of their internet marketing campaign.

The vast majority of small and medium businesses typically don't keep an in house IT employee, nor do they often keep a marketing director. There are typically several reasons for this, but most of the time it comes down to the fact that paying the salaries and benefits for these people is too prohibitive. But it doesn't matter whether or not the IT and marketing guys are kept in house or not, because the key to success is going to come from a very important element of the strategic planning process. When crafting your plan the when, who, and what are what need to be very clearly laid out for every single part of the business.

I don't want you to get the wrong idea about me and my thoughts on employees. It isn't that I dislike or have anything against employees. Its merely that I have a difficult time with any person that doesn't bring their own fair value to a company. And in the current competitive market of today, I can see no reason to pay employees who aren't performing. Especially when their jobs can be easily outsourced.

by: Cliff Jones
Contract Phones With Free Gifts Great Mobile Phone Offer Driver Robot Key Rapidshare Magic Of Making Up Rapidshare Keep Your Web Visitors Happy and Keep Making Money by Avoiding these Strategies A Range Trading Strategy That Combines Breakout With It! Online Retailer For Body Jewelry The Secret Of Wholesale Tea And Fine Dining Range Trading Secret Strategy Succession And Inheritance Issues Contract Considerations for Day Trading the ES Emini Walleye Strategies MLM Downline Builder Strategy: Are You Enrolling 50+ Distributors Monthly? Stock Trading Strategies: Short Term Vs. Long Term
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.14.130.24) Connecticut / Fairfield Processed in 0.013661 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 10 , 3137, 496,
A Lesson In Leverage Fairfield