Insurances.net
insurances.net » Home Business » A Brilliant Marketing Method - I Fell for it Myself Today
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

A Brilliant Marketing Method - I Fell for it Myself Today

What just happened to me has left me grinning from ear to ear in amazement, no not that!

I was about to write about something completely different but I just have to write about what just happened to me instead.

If you're a marketing expert yourself then see how long it takes you to figure out where I'm heading with this. Otherwise, get ready to learn something valuable.

Ok, so I arrived home from work and checked the post. Amongst the usual junk, there was a handwritten letter with a 2nd class stamp on it. The rest of the junk went straight into the bin unread and I curiously opened the letter.

It becomes apparent that the envelope contains just a torn out newspaper article with a Post-It note attached. The note reads: "Jason, I saw this in the Times and I thought of you. This guy is brilliant. Have a look at his website. J."

The article is a Times article about "Britains leading business expert" who's photographed next to Duncan Bannatyne (a well known leading UK entrepreneur). This article explains how this Internet marketing expert has turned around UK companies and increased their profits dramatically.

I spent the next half an hour trying to figure out who with the initial J knows I'm interested in Internet marketing and would bother to send me this in the post. I spent the next 15 minutes reading the article and agreeing that the guy in it really seems to know his stuff. I spent the next ten minutes looking at his website.

Then it came to me, what's the postmark on the letter. It was Maidstone, Kent, in the UK. Who would send me this from Kent? Did I recognise the hand writing? And then it dawned on me...

The note and address were written very neatly in blue ink. Too neat, in fact all of the a's looked identical. This wasn't handwritten, it was printed in a blue handwriting font, like the red font on my own homepage.

Now, I don't know if you've ever heard of Dan Kennedy. He's a marketing expert and I've read some of his books. He often talks about how handwritten envelopes, letters and real stamps rather than business postage paid marks command much more attention.

I'd just fallen for this trick myself. The newspaper article most probably wasn't real either and I finally knew who it was from, the marketing expert the article was about, he'd sent it to me.

When you consider that recent studies have shown that the two types of people who anyone takes any notice of nowadays are experts and peers, you'll realise why this marketing method is so effective.

Never have I received what I would normally consider junk, read it, think about it all afternoon, visit the website and then write a blog post about it. This sort of mail doesn't normally deserve more than a few seconds of my time, but this commanded my whole afternoon.

So if you ever do any direct mail marketing then you should consider what happened to me today, it obviously works, extremely well.

The funnies thing is, even though I sussed out this marketing guys technique I don't just think he's a scam artist who's sending me junk, I think he really is as good at marketing as his fake article makes him out to be. Truly brilliant. Maybe I'll go back to his website.
So You Call Yourself a Business Owner How to Make Money On-line With A home Business And Turn out to be Rich If Youre Dead-Serious About Succeeding In Your MLM Home Business This Is A Must Read Starting A Top Home Based Business Sustaining A Successful Home Based Business Taking Advantage Of The Best Home Business Opportunity For Success Some Tips On Home Business Marketing Some General Advice On Home Business Marketing Knowledge And Tips On How To Operate A Successful Home Based Business Arbonne International Successful Home Based Business Steps Needed That Will Allow You To Achieve Maximum Success When Starting A Home Business Buying Ecommerce and Net Promoting Merchandise Or Sevices Tax Benefits of Operating A Home Based Business
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.138.138.202) / Processed in 0.009470 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 30 , 3486, 54,