Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » When to start Investing
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

When to start Investing

span>Share:Investing?.... Maybe it sounds too luxury or too wealthy. But, does it true?

When is thegood time to invest?

In what market should I invest?

What kind of investment vehicles should I use?

What is thesize of my investment account should start?

Before we elaborate these questions. I think the best point to start is by throwing some preliminary questions.

{Define theobjectives. Stick with the objectives. Evaluate the objectives.}

This time we would discuss the major thing about objectives -Defining Objectives

What is your genuine investment's objectives?

In theory, at least there are two investments' objectives;Income andCapital Gain.

"Dividends-paying stocks and high-rated bonds are some of the major financial instruments that fulfill the Income objective. While a rapid growth stocks' prices is one of the instruments that satisfied the objective of capital gain."

Here is one example;

In Indonesian capital market, let's say Timah(Persero) Tbk (TINS) will issue dividend Rp.31/share. With a target income for this current month for Rp.5,000,000 (Eq.USD 500), we need to hold at least 323 lots ofTINS stock.

How did I arrive with this 323 lots?

With a target income of Rp.5,000,000 andTINS provides dividend of Rp.31/share. We need (Rp.5,000,000 / Rp.31) = 161,300 shares. Since, 1 lot = 500 shares, then we need 161,300 / 500 = 323 shares (rounded up)

Go back to our example above....

IfTINS stock price is Rp.2,700/share, then we need at least (before stocks' transaction fee) Rp. 435,485,000 (rounded up) Do we have this sum of amount? and willing to put it in risk for 1.15% rate of return (Rp.5,000,000 / Rp.435,485,000)?

Certainly, it's not me.

How about the second objective -capital gain?

Let's take Astra International Tbk (ASII) for an example.sand_watch2.jpg
Share:

Still with our Rp.5,000,000 monthly revenue target, ifASII traded for Rp.56,000/share today with average trading range of Rp. 1,500/share and end of month capital gain target of Rp.2,500/share. We need to hold 4 lots ofASII stocks with total purchased of Rp.112,000,000 (rounded up and exclude transaction fee).

Here is the path;

Rp.5,000,000 / Rp.2,500/share = 2,000 shares or equivalent of 4 lots. 4 lots x Rp.56,000 = Rp.112,000,000 Or in other word, we put Rp.112,000,000 in risk to get Rp.5,000,000 in return (eq. 4.46% return)

Well, it's almost close to us, isn't it ?

What I'm trying to say is no matter what is our investment objectives, it depends on what size of our financial muscle.

But, I guess most of us forgot about one crucial objective in investing. This forgotten objective isLearning

To be continue....

NEXT

When to start Investing

By: Michael Rumawas
Investing in Junior Resource Gold Stocks The Best Lawyers Think Of You First Get Your Own Peace of Head - Start off Investing on a Residence Safety Alarm System Retirement coach – for a smooth transition Why it is necessary to get assistance of property lawyer Florida California Arson Criminal Offense General Intent Crime Lawyers Attorneys California First Degree Murder Premeditation Confrontation Forensic Certificate Expert DNA Lawyers Attorneys California Obscene Material Criminal Offense Minors Burglary Videotape Lawyers Attorneys North Carolina Driving Under Influence Traffic Offense High Rate Speed Lawyers Attorneys Finding Best Lawyer For Debts Everything you need to know before hiring an IRS tax lawyer! How Can I Create Wealth in Retirement Criminal Defense Lawyer: What Do They Really Do
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.218.129.100) Campania / Vairano Patenora Processed in 0.012974 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 6363, 176,
When to start Investing Vairano Patenora