Insurances.net
insurances.net » Investing » The Laws Of Money Part 3 - First Time Investing
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

The Laws Of Money Part 3 - First Time Investing

The Answer to Jane's Problems;

This is to be my final article reference to Jane, it hopefully will set her on her way to creating a solid future for her family.

So, what is stopping Jane from creating passive income?

What is stopping her from taking the first investing steps?

It's very likely the answer for both questions is "FEAR"

Fear of the unknown,

Fear of losing face,

Fear of losing money,

Fear of rejection,

Fear of making a mistake.

The key to creating wealth through passive income is overcoming these fears. This can be a difficult act to accomplish. It is often much easier to take the path of least resistance, have a few glasses of wine and procrastinate away about how good life could be.

I remember my first investment very well. I remember being at a seminar in London. I remember looking at the plans for this beautiful new apartment block. I had no fears, only excitement that my life was about to change today. Despite the fact my apartment was in Melbourne, Australia I could not have been more excited. I had done a little homework and I firmly believed that Melbourne would have unprecedented growth as a result of the Olympic Games in Sydney the following year. The initial growth was so impressive, I quickly acted and bought another apartment later that year, on my Credit Card. No problem, no worries, only excitement. This was sure to make great passive income and even better capital growth.

I remember visiting a London Bar after my second purchase and ordering 2 large glasses of NZ Pinot Noir, the sun was shining that day and life felt so good. No fears, no regrets. Melbourne had 2 years of exceptional growth, property prices rose by more than 20% in year 1 and 22% in year 2. WOW, investing is so easy. By the end of year 2 I had paid off my credit card and was sitting on over 60 000 of capital growth. This was much more than I had expected and had sold them on at this point, my income from my investments would have been higher than my income from my salary. I had found a hobby which paid me more than my salary.

I am always on the look out for great properties although I prefer to concentrate on cash-flow instead of capital appreciation. Earlier this year I managed to find a great property which ticked all my boxes and is looking like an amazing investment

This property is in a beautiful location.

It has amazing coastline views.

It is built on a golf course, always a good sign.

I bought it at 48% BMV.

It cash-flows 300 / month after all expenses including management costs and has a developers guarantee of no rental voids, for 10 years. Bought using only 1000 of my own money it is estimated that I will gain more than 100,000 in capital appreciation by 2013. You must have guessed it is not tied to the declining UK market

It has had a capital appreciation of more than 10 000 in only 7 months.

There is no refinancing involved.

There are no hefty solicitor costs.

There are no hefty agency fees.

It is next to a Premier League Football Club Training Academy and many Premier League footballers own properties here.

It has a Tennis Coaching Centre set up by Pat Cash.

Is is a stones throw to great bars and restaurants.

It is a private estate and has a private beach.

It has a world class spa just yards from my front door.

Although the management company rent the property on my behalf, they have arranged it so I can live in this property for 1 month every year and whilst I am living in it, I still collect the rent, even though I don't pay it!

I remember the adrenalin rush when I purchased this property, I did not listen to my friends objections and not 1% of me felt any fear.

The property is too far away.

I don't understand how the money works.

I don't like Liverpool FC.

I hate footballers.

I preferred Andre Agassi to Pat Cash.

Bars and restaurants, sounds very noisy.

I bet the locals invade the beach and I bet it's pebbles and not sand.

World class spa, did you hear about the man in Thailand who became crippled after a massage.

You can live there, do you get free food?

I don't believe they will pay you the rent if you are living there.

Some of my friends created their own objections without any prompting from me.

I heard they have Hurricanes in the Caribbean?

I read the next Tsunami will be in the Atlantic?

Those pitons look like they might erupt at anytime?

The objections above affirm in my head that becoming rich is all about mindset. Most people actually choose to work hard all of their lives, pay their earnings to the tax man and as long as they have enough money at the end of the month, life is a garden of roses. They never realize the power of investing, the fun it can bring and the potential rewards.

I enjoy investing so much, I now own an investment company.

Richard Branson said last week that he wants to be the person in the world with the most debt. What this means is he wants to be the person with the most borrowing. He knows if he borrows money, he can make it work harder for him.

Sounds like a good strap-line for our business!

by: Mark Williams
Retirement Countdown Do Consumer Appliances Fluoride Was Workers Comp Lawyers In Canby, Oregon: Factors To Consider How To Find Disabilities Lawyers In Clackamas, Oregon? Finding Accident Lawyers: Better To Prepare Before An Accident Happens California Wage and Hour Lawyer: Overtime - Don't Be Ripped Off By Your Employer THink Ahead: Jump Starting on Retirement - Part 3 Think Ahead: Jump Starting on Retirement - Part 4 Investing in a leasing Property in Bangalore Protect your Intellectual Property with Help from an IP Lawyer Tax Liens Investing Interested in Investing With Stocks? Don't Make These Mistakes! Making Your Retirement Worthwhile With Hip Flasks Your Age Versus Your Retirement Income Mindset - How Do the Two Work Together?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.221.15.15) Stockholms Lan / Kista Processed in 0.013636 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 96 , 5523, 176,
The Laws Of Money Part 3 - First Time Investing Kista