Insurances.net
insurances.net » Weight-Loss » Horse Rugs And The Different Weights
breast girl gorgeous Weight-Loss vegas shopping Love Dating Yoga Pregnant Men Women Wedding Beauty
]

Horse Rugs And The Different Weights

It's horse rug season again and today feels like the first real winter's day

. Shame I know, but let's look on the bright side. These crisp blue days always manage to put a smile on my face I don't know about you.

Winter months can pose a variety of problems for horse owners. One of the most common problems is how to choose the right horse rug for your horse. It can be a tricky task but hopefully I can help. Understanding the differences between rug weights is key to choosing the right rug for you.

Lightweight horse rugs - these are the best rugs for early autumn (September/early October) and late spring (May). They offer a light layer for your horse. Lightweight rugs are ideal to use after you have been on a ride and let him cool down using a cooler rug, then you can throw a lightweight rug over him, so he doesn't catch a chill.

Medium weight horse rugs - these are used primarily during October and November and April/May. The trick is to not let your horse overheat as this can lead to chills and over sweating. Horses always prefer to be slightly cold than overheating, and horses can always have their own run around the field if they need to get warm.

Heavyweight horse rugs - these are the big hitters, used for the coldest nights of winter. Great for warmth, great to use after a long ride and perfect for a cold night in the stable.

I would suggest one heavyweight rug, two medium weight rugs, two or three lightweight rugs and definitely two cooler rugs. Another important point with horse rugs is to make sure you don't rug share at the stables between horses. Rug sharing can spread any underlying skin infection or bugs between horses and so it really is best to have a specific rug for each horse minimizing the chances of any cross infections.

I hope this helps. I'll be writing an article about the difference between stable rugs and turnout rugs soon.

by: Sally Robins
Number Of Ways To Weight Loss Belly Fat Loss - Finally Defeating The Gut Monster The Significance Of Natural Colon Cleansing In Weight Loss The Latest Fad Diet - The Dukan Diet Are You Making These Common Mistakes To Get Quick Weight Loss? Easy Diets Will Help You Stay The Course Lose Weight Easily And Stop Feeling Fat Isn't It Time You Kicked Your Weight Lossproblem For Good? Renton Hcg Diet-an Effective Weight Loss Program. Green Tea As A Weight Loss Supplement Right Diet To Fight Off Halitosis Do You Know If Is It Easier To Lose Weight With A Treadmill Or An Elliptical Trainer? Fatty Liver Diet - How A Liver Diet Menu Can Save You
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.122.239) New York / New York City Processed in 0.005528 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2013, 215,
Horse Rugs And The Different Weights New York City