Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Boardwalk Empire Review HBO
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Boardwalk Empire Review HBO

The kick off of the new hit series Boardwalk Empire aired on HBO this past Sunday and I must say I was fairly impressed

. Directed by Martin Scorcese, I already set such high expectations that there was this underlying fear of the possibility of disappointment. Scorcese gave us a slice of the shock factor that he delivers so well, but I think I speak for many people when I admit that I would have liked to have seen a bit more violence. Don't get me wrong, domestic violence has a habit of making me sick to my stomach, but that one moment when Buscemi took a guy who was abusing his wife and slammed his head down on a card table, I couldn't have asked for more.

The premier was typical in that it offered us an introduction to the main characters that we will come to know more intimately as time goes by. Michael Pitt will certainly become a superstar should Boardwalk Empire become as successful as we hope. Pitt is a great example of a great actor who has been overlooked, until now anyways. I can imagine Scorcese envisioning him as his second Leonardo DiCaprio. I'm sure we will see plenty more of Pitt's performances as he plays one of the main characters, James "Jimmy" Darmody. Overall, the characters are very interesting and having an idea of where they come from and where they are heading will make each show that much more intriguing.

Buscemi was as great as we would expect him to be, though I have to admit it was slightly difficult to watch him in bed. He is the main character, political figure Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. His character is constantly teetering on the edge of the law, living two totally separate lives. He is a politician by day and an underground boss by night. Nucky has found a goldmine in selling liquor on the black market in the time of prohibition. He supports the new law by day but drowns in the lap of luxury with liquor and women at night. His new found underground life has just begun and Nucky is testing out who his true partners are and anyone who tries to double-cross him will pay the price.

What I enjoyed the most besides the splash of violence is the fact that there was more than story happening at the same time. Each story was equally as interesting as the next. It reminds me of the Sopranos in this fashion. Right now, Boardwalk Empire is a great drama though it lacks the mystery factor of the Sopranos where you simply can't wait for the next week to find out what happens. It's still very early in the game so I am sure there will be plenty of exciting moments to come, in fact, according to Ken Tucker from Entertainment Weekly this may just be the tip of the iceberg as, "The production becomes more sleek, emotionally complex, and sly in its subsequent hours". Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe to HBO on Dish Network!

By: Francis DavidBoardwalk Empire Review HBOBy: Francis David
Dish Tv For Pc Review Win Clear Review Stanley, Morgan & Associates Receives Rave Reviews Let Us Review Lexington Law Cheap Budget Hotels in India Budgeting: What Are The Processes Bob Jogging Strollers - Adore On Wheels Wii Fix Guide Review Wind Plans Review Consider Her Likeness and Your Budget While Buying Engagement Rings Creating Money On The Net - Low Charges, Significant Returns How To Save Money When Times Are Tough Guides to Help You Save and Earn More Money
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.144.187.103) / Processed in 0.011386 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 8 , 2927, 385,
Boardwalk Empire Review HBO