Insurances.net
insurances.net » baby » Old Wives Tales Baby Gender - Top 5 Prediction Myths
housing Family Parenting baby
]

Old Wives Tales Baby Gender - Top 5 Prediction Myths

There are several old wives tales about baby gender prediction that claim they can tell you if your baby is a boy or a girl well before an ultrasound

. Ultrasounds can't predict baby gender until the 20th week mark of the pregnancy, and many expecting mothers would like this information much sooner.

There are many advantages to predicting your baby's gender before the 20 week mark, like being able to decide on a name and purchase clothes and accessories well before the baby is born. Here are 5 of the most famous old wives tales baby gender prediction myths:

1. The speed of your baby's heartbeat.

There are those who swear that a heartbeat of more than 140 beats per minute indicates a girl, including my own mother. As a matter of fact, she told me that my heartbeat was around 125 beats per minute. Guess what? I'm a male! Although accurate in my case, it's just an old wives tale.

2. The Chinese gender selection calendar.

This is an ancient calendar that is based on two variables, the mother's age and the month (based on the Chinese calendar) that the child was conceived. This is not very accurate, and it's been proven wrong by many people I know, twice in the case of my cousin's two children. According to the calendar, she should have had 2 baby girls. Instead she has two rowdy boys!

3. The "Drano" test.

The first step in predicting your baby's gender using this method is to collect about 3 ounces of your urine. It's said the first urine of the day works best. Then, mix it with two tablespoons of crystal Drano. Do not use the liquid form. If the mixture turns brownish in color, it is belived that you are going to have a boy. If the mixture doesn't get any darker or become brownish in color, the Drano test is predicting that the gender of your baby is female. I think this is probably one of the most innacurate old wives tales gender prediction myths of all. It's also important to note that if you are going to use this method, you need to be careful not to inhale any fumes. Have someone assist you to ensure the safety of you and your baby.

4. The needle or wedding ring gender prediction test.

For this method, you take a sewing needle or wedding ring and attach it to the end of a thread. Then, dangle the item over the mother to be's belly while she is lying down on her back. If the needle or wedding ring swings in a circular motion, the gender prediction is for a girl. If it moves in a back and forth motion like a clock pendulum, a boy is predicted. This can also be done using the mother's wrist.

5. Baby activity.

This is a very simple method, and is probably based on the belief that boys are much more rambunctious than girls. if the baby is extremely active and kicks a lot, it's thought to be a boy. If the baby is very calm and docile, it's thought to be a girl. A very simple, yet very innacurate method of baby gender prediction.

These are the 5 most famous old wives tales baby gender prediction myths. The only 100% accurate method of gender prediction is through the use of modern medical technologies like ultrasounds.

by: Chris Mollo
What Is Really The Best Time To Have A Baby Shower? Which Is The Best Baby Crib Mattress? Baby, He's Just Not That Into You 3 Simple Tips on How to Conceive A Baby Boy Baby's First Year Choose Best Baby Walker For Your Baby Baby Walker - Myths And Facts Can Chiropractic doctors help Babies with Colic bugaboo strooler. cameleon stroller. baby stroller How To Host A Baby Shower Canada Pharmacy understands Jaundice in Newborns Which Kind Of Baby Blankets Is For You? Unique Adorable Baby Bedding Designs
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.147.60.155) / Processed in 0.011135 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3296, 84,
Old Wives Tales Baby Gender - Top 5 Prediction Myths