Insurances.net
insurances.net » Weight-Loss » True Weight Loss Success Needs A Support System
breast girl gorgeous Weight-Loss vegas shopping Love Dating Yoga Pregnant Men Women Wedding Beauty
]

True Weight Loss Success Needs A Support System

Having just lost fifty-one pounds in three and half months

, I can tell you that dieting is not a solo sport. True weight loss success needs a support system. In the same way that one person can not move a grand piano on their own, neither can the dieter move into a new lifestyle alone. To lose a large amount of weight takes time, persistence, patience and support.

While friends and family are often the saboteurs, unwittingly, unintentionally, they are also the people we need on our team most. You do not need all of them, but you do need at least one family member and one friend.

Family Members

You need an ally in the family because you will be eating different foods. Depending on the diet you have selected, you may be eating at different times from the rest of the gang. It is also likely that you will impact the grocery budget. I chose to be on a high protein, no carb regimen. Thanks to our also no longer drinking alcohol we were able to divert wine and gin money to more steak, chicken and fish. Decent steak and fish is way more expensive than hamburger! If it hadn't been for the total buy-in of my husband, my own weight loss success would not have been possible.

A Friend

You need someone to hold the vision for you. There is lots of doubt along the route of weight loss, and a ton of times you want to give up. The friend is the person who reminds you that you can do it. The friend is your assurance; they already see you as a thin person, or a fit person, or whatever your goal is. It is quite wonderful if you have a friend who has gone before you and already lost weight herself/himself using the same diet. If there isn't such a person in real life, find someone online in a blog that you can relate to, and who will be the beacon of inspiration to carry you forward. There are forums for all of the popular diets, too, where you will find helpful tips and support from people all around the world. You need a lighthouse.

A Cheap Source For Clothes

After a while, and it took me longer than I had anticipated, you will start dropping clothing sizes. This speeds up once you've lost thirty pounds, and once you're into sizes that are no longer elasticated waists! It can fun to get into old favorite, but dauntingly expensive to have to get a whole new wardrobe, and when? At which point? I gave away my fat clothes, sadly. Mad, I know, but it was bittersweet for me. That regret came from the fact that I had worked hard to find nice, colorful plus-sized clothes that weren't black, gray or brown. I had to get into the mindset that just as I was experiencing weight loss success, others would be too, and wouldn't it be fun for THEM to discover my stuff? I have been shopping at Goodwill as I pass through sizes. At $4 for a pair of pants, and $3.50 for a shirt, I can comfortably have a fun "new" wardrobe for $20!! (Buy washable stuff there, though...just saying.)

Resistance

They don't want to resist your changing, but they can't help themselves. Both your family and your friends will unwittingly try to sabotage your success. You need to recognize this when it comes up, and take it not as spite but as love and fear. They love you and have loved you wholeheartedly no matter what you looked like. Now you are changing. They can see it. Is it really just your physique that's changing or will you too become a different person? Your loved ones don't want to lose you. A natural qualm is triggered when change occurs. Fundamentally, no-one really likes change, do they? So, it is up to you to gently take the person in hand and assure them that you need them in your life just as much now as ever before.

Between online communities, family and friends you do not have to take the weight loss journey alone. If you choose the low-carb lifestyle like me, it is not for the faint of heart, but it is rewarding with lots of new health benefits. (Getting up from sitting on the floor, unaided, is one!) "Ask, and ye shall receive"... a family member and a friend are probably just dying to be the one you turn to. Go on then, I dare you, ask them today!

Copyright (c) 2012 Vizzitopia

by: Juliet McEwen Johnson
Mental Diet For Easy Weight Loss Do Not Rebound What Diet Solution Can Help With Weight Loss Hypnosis As Weight Loss Management With Safe Weight Loss Pills, Your Extra Pounds Scuttle Away Green Smoothies Weight Loss For Basic Diet The Need For Personal Trainer For Weight Loss Right Weight Loss Plan - How Important Is It How To Lose Weight Weight Loss Tips Diets Plans For Weight Loss How To Achieve Fast Weight Loss Smoothie Recipe For Weight Loss Fruits To Goodness Weight Loss With Hypnosis Made Simple The Truth About Low-carb Diets For Weight Loss Success
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.191.223.123) Mato Grosso do Sul / Campo Grande Processed in 0.005538 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 24 , 4303, 215,
True Weight Loss Success Needs A Support System Campo Grande