Insurances.net
insurances.net » Wholesale Business » The Force Is Within You, Luke. Its Not The Trading System
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

The Force Is Within You, Luke. Its Not The Trading System

The Force Is Within You, Luke. Its Not The Trading System

There are only a handful of people who give a darn about supplying traders with a way to be more disciplined and focused in their trading.

Im one of them, so I think I know why there are so few of us.

Heck, Im in the business of supplying traders with a tool to help improve the mental side of the trading equation... the human element.

With (what I think) is such an important service, why am I out here virtually alone?

For a couple of reasons.

First, although most traders will admit that the mental part of trading is key to winning in the long-term, most believe they can gut it up and just shake it off when negative emotions and behaviors rear their ugly heads.

They dont need a shrink!

They know what they need to do and by-cracky, theyll do what needs to be done without any help!

I call this the Macho Syndrome.

And whats funny is... I get most resistance to the notion of mental discipline (as formal training) from those that need it most... the emotionally out-of-control trader.

Second, a common mindset is that the primary key to being a successful trader to hook your wagon to a guru or trading system and then following that system to riches.

The problem is that all (even great) trading systems experience draw-downs and you wind up blaming the system for losing rather than doing what is painful for some... blaming yourself (for not having the courage to trade through adversity)!

So here I am, preaching pain.

Its not your system, its you!

To the trader with low self-confidence, those words can cut like a knife.

How about paying more attention to the mental/emotional part of trading? To the trader with low self-esteem, Id be accusing him/her of having something wrong with them.

Being the Shepard of the mental/emotional aspect of trading is not an easy job.

But its rewarding.

For those who start paying REAL ATTENTION to the mental part of trading, results can improve rapidly.

They start saying,

How can I improve as a trader?

How can I make sure that the only variable to losing and winning is my system and not me?

When was the last time you asked yourself these important questions?

Its not all about changing your system; tweak, tweak, tweak.

My guess is that its about changing YOU.

So, for me, I love what I do.

But are you ready to hear what Im saying?

by: Norman Hallett
Transport Cooled Objects - Dry Ice Retailers Speak Japanese Fast Rapidshare Leadertask Rapidshare A Look Into The Chronicles Of Achievers With Their, Strategic Mind Set With Us! Issues You Must Know About Trading UGG: Cartier sues retailer HauteLook Gift Rolls Manufacturers Of Gift Wrap Rolls, Wholesale Gift Rolls, Counter Rolls Home Improvement And Gardening Supplies Retailers In Indonesia - Market Research On Aarkstore Enterp Clothing, Footwear, Sportswear And Accessories Retailers In Israel - Market Research Report On Aarks Aarkstore Enterprise---inpex Corporation (1605) - Financial And Strategic Analysis Review Discount, Variety Store, And General Merchandise Retailers In Israel - Market Research Report On Aar Aarkstore Enterprise---brinx Resources Ltd. (bnxr) - Financial And Strategic Analysis Review Aarkstore Enterprise---agl Resources Inc. (agl) - Financial And Strategic Analysis Review
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.224.53.202) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.012563 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 54 , 2559, 496,
The Force Is Within You, Luke. Its Not The Trading System Copenhagen