Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Small Business Tax Deductions
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Small Business Tax Deductions

I'm Peter Holtz with the Financial Performance Center

. A question I get a lot of times is, "What can I write off as a business expense?"

Well, basically, what the IRS lets you write off and the IRS rules really follow into the state of California is necessary and reasonable business expenses. Now, the question is, "What is necessary and reasonable?"

That's really any expenses driven from trying to generate some revenue, trying to generate from sales or activity that has a profit motive. There are a lot of options and a lot of things you can do. It will all depend on how you structure your expenses and how you work them.

Obviously, key is the proper documentation. You need to segregate your business and personal. This is very important when you run a business. It's also important to keep a Day-Timer like daily journal or planner to document your expenses and the business purpose.

You have to keep receipts over $70. Under $70, you don't really need to keep them, but you need to have a record and the IRS really wants you to keep that as a handwritten record.

- Any vehicles you use for business purpose. They could be your own vehicle. You can take a miles deduction or we can take a percent of business use.

- Any office and all related supplies equipment, office rental.

- Employees, including your family, that are actually engaged in the business.

- Business Entertainment you can definitely write off. You just need to keep the business purpose and what you're spending in your daily journal.

- Other obvious business expenses advertising, insurance, and all the other usual stuff.

There are many, many more and I don't really suggest you shy away from them just because you think they're going to be an audit red flag. The key is to document, structure, and to be aware of whatever those business expense are.

And sometimes, it takes looking at it. Other good examples could be seminars or other education expenses are definitely a business expense if they relate to your business.

It's really important to try to be aggressive on these and to try to have the right documentation.

I'm Peter Holtz from the Financial Performance Center.

Visit my website at www.financialperformancecenter.com

By: Peter Holtz
Draft Your Business Custom T-shirt Instant cash for everyone Marketing Lists Direct Promotes Accurate Business and Residential Mailing Lists Do You Know What Your Business Is Really Worth ? Shanghai Library Po Refrigeration: Select Sale Through Select Business Opportunities The First Quarter Of 2010, The Glass Business Is Forecasted To Go Leaflet Printing - Efficient Way To Promote Your Business Your own FREE e-commerce business WHAT THE HARVARD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DOES NOT TEACH YOU—THE STEPS TO STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS THE PITY PORCH IS CROWDED—STEP OFF AND START A SMALL BUSINESS The Benefits Of Cheap Plastic Business Cards Office Desk Furniture - Choices For Your Business Are Vast Same Day Cash Loans: Heal Your Monetary Tensions Comfortably
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.128.199.175) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.012159 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 32 , 2467, 146,
Small Business Tax Deductions Ann Arbor