Insurances.net
insurances.net » vegas » My personal journey part 2; What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
breast girl gorgeous Weight-Loss vegas shopping Love Dating Yoga Pregnant Men Women Wedding Beauty
]

My personal journey part 2; What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

Okay, we all know this is far from the truth! What happens in Vegas

, are some of our favorite stories to tell. This is mine!

I was dating a boy who lived in Las Vegas. He was in his 30's and should be called a man but that is why he is an old boyfriend and not a current, anything. Anyway, he told me to move out to Las Vegas. We had multiple conversations about how this would work. I started looking before even moving there and soon learned that you have to live in the city or within commutable distance of the company you are applying to. So I packed some bags and went on my merry way.

I had never lived outside Orange County and even then I always lived within 20 miles of Fullerton where I was born and raised. I had no idea what to expect but was 30 years old and ready to start living my own adult life. My dreams of the fast track career were still burning strong and I had something to prove to myself and the world.

Turns out, that yes in fact there are many jobs in Las Vegas. And if you don't mind taking off your clothes for a living you can be working a few days after you arrive. As for those of us who prefer to keep our clothes on, the career options quickly die off. I ended up doing the same old thing as I had been doing for years before my advertising career, waiting tables! I am really good at it and have always done well. I found a new restaurant called The Honey Tree Caf, a Greek restaurant, and was part of the opening team. I was also working at a local "taven" called the Inn Zone. I'd work one shift during the day then go to my second job.

About a year into living in Las Vegas I learned that the boy I was dating was using drugs. I was devastated at the turn of events. If there is one thing I can not tolerate in my circle of people, it's drugs. So, there I was, working two jobs to support myself, living in a state where I had no family and only a couple friends I met at work.

Again, I put on my big girl panties and did what I had to do. I went to the library, pulled a magazine called the Book of Lists, and sent a cover letter and resume to every single advertising agency and marketing department in Las Vegas. If my memory serves me correctly, I got about 5 calls from the 75 or so resumes I sent.

Side note: A blessing did come out of this. During this personal drama I met my future husband. I didn't know when I moved to Las Vegas, but I was meant to move there and find him. He has cheered me on, supported my decisions, and has been my partner for 8 years.

Back to the story: One of the calls I received was from The Merica Agency. I interviewed and was hired as a Project Manager. The account supervisor I would be working with needed help with one of the agencies largest clients. What I loved about this position was the ability to really hone my skills I had learned at The ID Group. My proudest accomplishment was putting in place a system where billing was streamlined so that the agency was being paid within 30 days of the completion of projects.

I did learn quite a bit as well about how the creative and account service teams work together. Frank Ricci was the agency production and traffic manager and he was instrumental in my learning the process of how projects were put through an agency system and the vital importance of not skipping steps to get projects completed. He would play an important role in my Las Vegas career and I'll talk more about him later.

And of course, this is where I met Suzanne Vara, who shared an "office" with me. During my second interview I was taken in to meet her and Cindy Jennings. Football was the topic of discussion and we bonded immediately when I mentioned Jim Rome. She is also the one who taught me about using color coded folders to organize and track all projects, the rules of CYA and why they were to be followed.

My job quickly changed from helping the account sup. to really managing the entire account. I was being challenged and I loved it. I did have to work 50 hours a week and Saturdays to get all the tasks done, but I thought I was doing well. I loved the client and developed a strong relationship with them. They trusted me to get done what they needed on time and on budget.

I learned so much about respect for your clients, coworkers and what it means to be an ethical business person.

I don't remember the exact time line now, but I think 6 month or so into the position, there was talk of the agency being bought by some of the higher level staff and eventually it did happen. And at the same time transitions were being made for my client. The VP of Marketing, my contact, was let go and there was restructuring.

So, the clients work slowed, and eventually I was laid off, given severance pay and was back on the job market. This had never happened to me before and I was personally shaken. I knew something was happening and was expecting the layoff but still, was sad and hurt. I know now that this happens often and to not take it personally.

I struggled to find a new marketing position and had started working again at The Honey Tree to pay rent. Feeling the need to go out on my own, my friend Megan Murphy and I decided to start our own company together. We opened Reliable Housekeeping Services and started to build a client list. We utilized our friends, customers at the restaurant and Megan's family to get going. When we first started we did the homes together but after 3 months we had a full client list and were working individually.

I loved the satisfaction of going in and making a difference in someone's life. I didn't realize it until one client told me I saved her marriage. The arguments over the house were no longer an issue and she was now free to spend time with her family and not be consumed with house work on her days off. I did work for an elderly couple who no longer could do the work themselves. After awhile though, my body could not take the 8 hours of scrubbing 6 days a week. How some people do this work for years I will never understand.

Then one day Frank Ricci called me and asked it I was interested in coming to work with him at his new job. He had left The Merica Agency and was now working for BlueMoon Advertising. He was upbeat and excited for the opportunities that were there waiting.

I jumped at the chance to work back in advertising and signed over the business to Megan and only worked weekends to keep up the client list and make extra money. So once again I was working 7 days a week and long hours and loving every minute of it.

My personal journey part 2; What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

By: Lucinda DeVries
Debunking the Myths Surrounding Movers in Las Vegas Vegas Pressure Washing and Window Cleaning in Las Vegas "Viva Las Vegas" Penis Male Enhancement Pills Caveat Emptor - Don'T Believe Everything You Read About Penis Enlargement Larger Penis Free Is My Penis Too Small? Warning! The Shocking Truth About Penis Size They Don'T Want You To Know Las Vegas Pressure Washing and Power Washing Should Your Penis Be Longer Than Your Middle Finger Making Your Penis Bigger - Unlock The Best Ways To Increase Your Penis Size & Get 8-9' Er How Do Last Longer In Bed One '6 Minute A Day' Tip To Boost Your Penis Size In A Hurry! Are You Missing This Yet? Average Size Of A Male Penis Dr Bob And Debbie'S Guide To Sex And Romance By Dr Robert Demaria And Debbie Maria Penis Extender Want To Grow Your Penis Bigger? Don'T Trust Expensive Pills - Start Exercising Your Penis Instead! How To Make Ur Penis Bigger Premature Early Ejaculation Facts - 4 Tantalizing Truths About Early Ejaculation You Don'T Want To Miss! How To Make My Penis Bigger Naturally If You'Re Interested In Buying Tongkat Extract Read This First! Penis Enlarging Pill Reviews Use Puberty Secrets And You'Ll See Massive Growth - Get A Monster 8' Penis From Home
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.20.147) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.015770 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 38 , 7390, 358,
My personal journey part 2; What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas Seattle