Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » How To Use Twitter #hashtags
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

How To Use Twitter #hashtags

How To Use Twitter #hashtags

In our age of instant gratification and instant communication

, nothing can be more gratifying than a wonderful service such what Twitter provides.

Here are a few basic tips:

Just what is a hashtag?

The pound symbol: #, is usually referred to as the pound symbol. Another name for it is the "Hash" symbol.

A hashtag is any word, phrase, or series of letters and numbers which is preceded by a #. For example: #writing, is a hashstag that I can use to search for references to 'writing.' When I enter '#writing' in the Twitter search box, I will get a new screen with "Real time results for #writing," followed by what people are tweeting on the topic 'writing.'

So, a hashtag is a keyword and it is denoted on Twitter like this: #hashtaghere. For the novice, keywords are they words people type in search boxes when they look a particular piece of information.

Why are these hashtags important?

To begin with, you can find people with the same interests you have; and even if you don't have the same interest you can still send messages to particular groups. For example, if you want to sell an e-book, let's say, How to Babysit Toddlers and Teeny-bopperss, you can hashtag '#day time moms.' Right there you have a huge list of mom's who might be interested in your product.

Of course, if you are a good marketer you might wish to form relationships with those prospects first. Follow them, send them direct messages, gain their trust, and eventually they could become your customer.

Are you still doing cold-calling?

Twitter has dismantled the old fashioned call-calling. Sales managers now train their sales force in using Twitter; especially how get fresh leads by using hashtags. Hashtag it to cold calling what the automobile was to the horse-buggy. Street-by-street prospecting has also been rendered obsolete.

Hashtags are great when searching for events, conferences, or meet-ups. Searching for the proper #hashtag, allows you to keep up with what people are saying right there-on live streaming.

Google search vs Twitter search

The both work basically in the same manner. In google you must narrow your search by using quotation marks ("xyz") around your keywords. In Twitter the hashmark #, will do the job. The huge difference is that Twitter is a dynamic search that'll give your results of people who are twittering right that moment. You can't beat it.

Teaching and ice-cream

All my students must follow me in Twitter. I let them know about my whereabouts, my office hours (if they change), homework, solutions, extra credit work, my latest article, stories, and many others chores. And if that wasn't enough, they can discuss my lectures, and those who were absent will benefit by joining in.

Age of Aquarius vs Age of Twitter

I have heard people say that the Age of Aquarius would bring splendor to mankind. Well, it seems that if the splendor isn't yet here-digitation is. And with it a new age: the age of Twitter.

by: marciano guerrero
Learn The Best Way To Get More Traffic Using Traffic Secrets 2.0 Mobiado Lucido Cell Phone - Luxcellphone A 5 Step Process to Securing More Business For Less Than a Cup of Coffee Your Attraction Marketing Blueprint Revealed: The Key to Reinforcing Your Business Shoes Shopping Benefits And Challenges Of Photography As A Small Business Are There Any Real Benefits To No Faxing Payday Cash Advances? The Latest Trend In American Pop Culture - Online Business Systems Greek Symbols In Fashion Silver Jewellery The Look Of Bangles Sterling Silver Earrings Jewelry Also Can Be For Men Linkcrafter Turns Yahoo Answers Into A Powerful Marketing Solutionfor Business Development Strategies On Online Clothing Store Market
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(13.58.92.18) Tel-Aviv / Tel Aviv Processed in 0.013837 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 3200, 146,
How To Use Twitter #hashtags Tel Aviv