Insurances.net
insurances.net » shopping » How To Cut Onions Without Buying A Chopper Device
breast girl gorgeous Weight-Loss vegas shopping Love Dating Yoga Pregnant Men Women Wedding Beauty
]

How To Cut Onions Without Buying A Chopper Device

If you want to know how to cut onions and arent easily fooled by late night TV commercials

, Im about to save you a tremendous amount of time and money.

I have a neighbor that owns every kitchen gadget and appliance available. She must have the QVC shopping network on speed-dial. These devices are advertised to save your time and lower your kitchen stress, but they do just the opposite.

I imagine a race between my neighbor and I. Well both dice an onion, she with her chopper/dicer device, me with my chefs knife that I bought 17 years ago for twenty dollars. Ready? Go!

She has to take out a knife anyway to cut the onion in half and peel the skin off. A chopper/dicer doesnt peel the onion for her, and its too big to fit into the appliance. Then, she has to go to the kitchen cabinet to retrieve the gadget. Then plug it in and try to attach the chopper bowl. Well, we all know they never fit quite right, so with a bit of monkey-ing, it finally clicks into place.

Then comes the blade, and theres only one way that it fits correctly onto the motor, so more monkey-ing until it snaps on. Place the onion in the chopper, screw the lid on tight and press the button a few times to zap the onion.

She empties the inconsistently cut pieces of onion into a bowl or cutting board, and now must disassemble the device, rinse all the pieces, place it in the dishwasher, later to return to the kitchen cabinet. There! Just about 10 simple steps.

Thats not how to cut onions. In my onion race fantasy, Ive long since finished dicing my item into nice, consistent pieces. My chefs knife has no moving parts, it wipes clean in seconds, never breaks, takes little maintenance, and is easier to control and an electric appliance.

Since the root end of the onion holds the layers together, I consider the root end my friend. Ill try to leave that in tact. First, I cut the onion from blossom end to root end to give myself a flat surface to work from. This avoids rolling onions and bleeding fingers.

Leaving my root end friend in tact, I remove the blossom end and peel the onion. Now, with 4 horizontal strokes and 4 vertical strokes, Ive created a checkerboard fashion in the onion. Cutting down and across the top of the onion half has the item simply fall apart in consistent pieces.

Since consistency of cut is consistency of cook, I will have a better final dish than my neighbor who basically pureed her onions.

The 5 Steps on How To Cut Onions:

1) Cut from north pole to south pole (root end to blossom end)

2) Peel away the skin

3) Make horizontal cuts across the layers

4) Make vertical cuts to make a checkerboard design

5) Cut down across the previous two cuts to create diced onion.

You dont need additional kitchen appliances to cut kitchen ingredients; they waste your time and money. The device is meant for only one purpose. Once you discover the correct method for using a chefs knife, youll be preparing beautiful meals from fresh, wholesome ingredients without having to give your credit card to the TV shopping network.

See the entire How To Cut Onions Video HERE

by: Chef Todd Mohr
Buying Pearl Necklace Buying Vinyl Fabric Records By Beat Occurring Redefine Style Of Your Sweet Little Angels By Buying This Footwear! Buying Plastic Information By Conquer Occurring Buying Vinyl Fabric Information Simply By Conquer Going On Buying A Gift For The Eco-conscious Man Buying For The Man Who Has Everything Is Not Impossible Things To Consider When Buying A Portable Massage Table Buying Ink Cartridges For A Canon Printer Think Outside The Box When Buying Your Next Gift Custom Or Pre-made: Which Will You Choose When Buying A Suit? Things To Be Consider While Buying Used Cars Points To Follow While Buying Boys Suits
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.19.31.73) / Processed in 0.011729 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 36 , 3365, 349,
How To Cut Onions Without Buying A Chopper Device