Insurances.net
insurances.net » Small Business » Business Transparency: Is Your Company As Transparent As You Think?
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

Business Transparency: Is Your Company As Transparent As You Think?

Each day I read the Ragan.com headlines and often learn something new and valuable

. But, the other day, as I was looking over the headlines of the day, I came across a post, What social media words do you want to retire? I found the content of this post to be a bit off. The author of this post, Danny Brown, discusses five of his least favorite social media words and phrases and why he dislikes each.

One of his disliked phrases, which actually stuck out to me as an important phrase, was "Transparency is key."

Here is Danny's reasoning behind why this phrase, out of many others, should be "put into the social media retirement home."

"Transparency is key. Unless it's okay for us to lie about ourselves and make us sound more interesting than we are with tall tales and over-hyped statistics, then isn't this a given in everything we do, and not just restricted to social media?"

Now, I understand that when people throw this term around without understanding what this phrase truly means, it can be frustrating. But, by no means do I think that "Transparency is key" should be thrown into the social media retirement home, and here's why:

I most definitely see Danny's point about overused social media phrases and words. Many people have the same exact point of view. Sometimes it can get extremely annoying when people throw around phrases without understanding the true meaning behind them.

However, I do think that, if used in the correct context and backed by intelligent ideas, "Transparency is key" holds true. I would have to strongly disagree that transparency is a given in everything we do. Transparency is much more than simply telling the truth about your business and using zero exaggeration. In my opinion, understanding what "transparency" means in a business environment goes way beyond being truthful in your business practices.

Many business owners and entrepreneurs often don't understand exactly what it means to be "transparent." The truth is, transparency can come in a variety of different forms. A face behind a brand, a strong and clear business message (on all marketing materials), and even a credo or philosophy section on a website are all forms of transparency. These elements enable your prospects and current customers to connect with the brand on a personal level.

And, often, strategically expressing your business transparency is an acquired skill. In fact, transparency is a branch of marketing. Is everyone educated in the effective practices of marketing? Probably not. So then, why is being transparent in our business practices "a given," as Danny says.

When you throw "Transparency is key" around without understanding the defining aspects of it, you are setting yourself up for speculation. In other words, transparency is not something you say you are. Rather, it's something you illustrate through effective brand messaging.

Respectfully, I think to say that "transparency is a given" is an incorrect assumption.

Discover simple marketing strategies to attract and convert prospects. My bimonthly ezine, Sumer's Secrets is packed with tips on how to improve your web copy, promote your website, and market your brand. Sign up and receive a FREE report on creating web copy that will increase sales and site traffic.

By: Michelle Salater
Appliances To The Countryside Of Guizhou Province To Pay Subsidies To Business Operators To The Different Online Business Models And Pitfalls To Avoid Defining Online Service Area In Local Business The Basics Of A Business Cash Advance You Ought To Be Familiar With Social Media Has Revolutionized The Way Business Owners Market Their Brands The Reasons Plastic Business Cards Are So Special Business Attire For Women Business Web Hosting For The Business Type My Family Business Perspective How To Build Your Offline Business With Online Local Directories Land For Sale In Texas-Roll Back Taxes: Beware Advantages Of Daily Management Templates For Business World Email Hosting As A Functional Course Of Action To Have Great Results In Business
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.217.110.0) Hovedstaden / Copenhagen Processed in 0.007568 second(s), 8 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 26 , 3871, 146,
Business Transparency: Is Your Company As Transparent As You Think? Copenhagen