Insurances.net
insurances.net » Home Business » 6 Simple Online Success Skills For Your Home Based Business
Home Business Small Business Wholesale Business Business agency Global Economy
]

6 Simple Online Success Skills For Your Home Based Business

If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by using the internet to generate leads for your home based business, you're not alone.

Like most people over 40, I started out knowing only some computer basics like email and surfing. But when it came to tackling Twitter, Facebook, Squidoo etc., I didn't have a clue, and honestly thought "who needs it?". It's just too complicated.

Many home based business opportunities have you start out by approaching friends and family (also called your 'warm list'). Mine was no different. Of course I thought everyone I knew would immediately say "WOW this is AWESOME, how do I join?" As many home based business owners can identify with, this wasn't exactly the way it happened.

In the course of a month I'd gone through my entire warm market list, with most of my friends having absolutely no interest in what I was doing. I was determined not to be one of the 97% of home based business start ups that crash and burn. I learned the difference between those 97% and the 3% who soar to success is those 'complicated' things like Facebook, Twitter, Squidoo, etc. So despite my initial reservations, I had to learn the how-to's of internet marketing and lead generation. And I did.

Here's the good news: if I can learn this stuff, so can you. The skills needed to generate leads for your home based business aren't as difficult as you might think. Actually, online success comes down to mastering these few (offline) basics:

Skill #1: Research

This may sound intimidating, but it's not. Have you ever researched airline fares? Or searched for a recipe online? Well it's really not much more difficult than that. The key is knowing where and how to do this research. Once you know how it's really a snap. This becomes the basis for your second skill.

Skill # 2: Writing

But not the kind that gets you an A in English class! The skill here is more like speaking and having a conversation. If you can write 300-700 word articles on a topic that provides helpful information (typically related to your home based business) you're golden. This may take a little time, but you can get up and running quickly with the right guidance.

Skill # 3: Patience

When you first look at networking sites like Twitter and Facebook, if you're over 40, you'll be out of your comfort zone. These sites use weird words and look overwhelmingly complex. The truth is, once someone takes the time to show you the basics, these sites are pretty easy to use. The key is having patience. Learn them one at a time, and then, once you understand how they work, use the ones you like most and get the best results.

Skill #4: Persistence

Rome wasn't built in a day. It was built brick by brick. Each new skill is like learning a new brick-laying technique. You don't become a master craftsman overnight. It takes practice, patience and persistence. Don't expect to learn everything right away. Stay with it, and you will be richly rewarded.

Skill #5: Discipline

Discipline is your cornerstone skill. When marketing online, consistency is key. An hour or two implementing basic skills every day will pay off far more than putting in 80 hours in the first few weeks and then slacking off because you haven't seen results. As amazing as the internet is, it takes a while to build a reputation so people get to know, like and trust you enough to do business with you.

Skill #6: Finding a qualified mentor

In business and in life, one of the key factors that determine where you go and how fast you get there is your ability partner with the right people. Especially when you are talking about learning new skills and trying to navigate an environment that is flooded with information (some good, most pretty bad), the right mentor can literally save years of pain, frustration and ultimately failure. A qualified mentor will steer you in the direction of the best business and system for you.

Definitely keep these six critical skills in mind when developing a successful online business at home. If you are looking to start a home based business (or you've stalled in an existing one) choose wisely and make sure you tap into a training program and system that walks you through each aspect of internet marketing for home based businesses step-by-step. Once you master these skills, you're on your way to financial independence and success!

Suzanne Finder is a coach, copywriter and home based business owner.

After 15 years in advertising sales for large publishing companies, she decided to start her own successful business. Now she helps other entrepreneurial-minded individuals d

Now Pay Close Attention --

Using your Facebook Fan Page to increase your business exposure and revenue is simpler than you've been told. Everyone with a facebook fan page faces the same two problems:

[Problem #1] How To Find Interested Facebook Users

[Problem #2] How To Bring Them To Become Your Fans

Facebook Fan Supply has been solving these two problems for hundreds of satisfied customers. The Facebook Fan Supply has been tried and tested and known to produce excellent results.

First: Click Here For Facebook Fans

Facebook Fan Supply always supplies REAL FANS targeted to your specific: Age Group, Keyword and Location.

Second: Order Your Facebook Fan Supply Package of 1,000; 2,000 or 5,000 Guaranteed Facebook Fans

Your new fans will arrive in 3 - 4 weeks and all fans are REAL FANS guaranteed to stick to your fanpage. Buy Facebook Fans today and boost your businesses online presence overnight.
5 Ways To Market Your Home Based Business Moving Your Business Out Of Your Home 5 Ways To Market Your Home Based Business 5 Types Of Affiliate Websites Available For Your Home Based Business 5 Top Home Based Business Secrets You Must Know About If You Want To Succeed. 5 Ways to Make Money with Your Home-Based Business 5 Reasons Why Opportunity Home Business Is Real Business 7 Easy Steps To A Home Business 6 Ways Twitter Can Help You Grow Your Home Based Business 7 Proven Methods For Home Business Marketing That Will Allow You To Succeed 7 Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know Before Starting an Online Home Business 50 Home Business Clarity Questions Review 5 Ways To Drive Hordes Of Visitors To Your Home Business Website
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.128.199.210) Michigan / Ann Arbor Processed in 0.016034 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 58 , 5941, 54,
6 Simple Online Success Skills For Your Home Based Business Ann Arbor