Insurances.net
insurances.net » Pregnant » 5 Reasons Why Bed Rest Is Very Important During Pregnancy
breast girl gorgeous Weight-Loss vegas shopping Love Dating Yoga Pregnant Men Women Wedding Beauty
]

5 Reasons Why Bed Rest Is Very Important During Pregnancy

It is my second prenatal check-up and I'm roughly at my 12th week of pregnancy when the ultrasound revealed that I am carrying twins. "I suggest that you should be extra careful with this pregnancy by compelling yourself to bed rest beginning at 7 months", my obstetrician stated. She explained that I should be on bed rest because twin pregnancies have a high chance for premature labor, and the individuals whowill undergo the consequences the most are my unborn infants.To be honest, my obstetrician's prescription to stay in bed was not a welcome change from my regular routine.In fact, I even made plans to get back to work a few months after my wedding and swore that even if I get pregnant, I should still carry on to work and be financially productive no matter what. But this time, I guess I'm left with no other choice but to make sure my babies will be okay.Your health care provider is aware of how difficult bed rest is, but I bet she won't put you on it if it were not for the benefits bed rest can do for you and for your little one. Here are the reasons why bed rest is important.1. Bed rest decreases pressure on the cervix When you lie on your side, the weight of your belly could rest on the bed putting less pressure to the lower portion of the uterus (cervix). That is particularly beneficial in instances of incompetent cervix. Incompetent cervix is an obstetrical problem wherein the mother has painless cervical dilatation in the 2nd or early 3rd trimester, followed with prolapse and rupture of membranes and unfortunately expulsion of the immature fetus. 2. Bed rest increases blood flow to the baby When you are at rest, your body can only be using minimum energy from the vitamins and nutrients carried by blood vessels. Therefore, much of these nutrients can be redirected to the fetal circulation. Assuming a left lateral recumbent position can also stop the major blood vessels supplying the fetus from getting impinged by the weight of the uterus, therefore increasing blood circulation and enhancing the delivery of nutrients to the baby.3. Bed rest decreases the risk of vaginal bleeding Vaginal bleeding normally happens when the placenta is implanted low at the cervical opening (known as placenta previa). Patients with placenta previa can benefit a lot with complete bed rest for the reason that bed rest could defy the forces of gravity, putting really small pressure on the placenta, therefore preventing placental blood vessels from becoming severed. 4. Bed rest may help stop preterm contractions It is a widely recognized fact; although quite little details are obtainable which explains how bed rest helps stop contractions. It may be that during bed rest, external stimulation to the belly is avoided, which eventually aids in stopping preterm contractions.5. Bed rest maximizes oxygen delivery to the child particularly in instances of twin or other multiples. When you are rested, it is expected that your body oxygen requirement is minimal. This is good because it can prefer transport of air to the area where it is most necessarythe growing child. Oxygen requirement is appreciably increased in twin or other multiples of pregnancy. Hence, bed rest is strongly indicated. Bed rest can definitely be tough, particularly for females who used to be on-the-go. But like any other challenges that come our way, a good rationalization and simple knowledge of the need of having to do something, in this situation-to do bed rest, aids a lot to push us through and beat the odds. After all, each day of bed rest brings us closer to the day with our infant in our arms.
Diarrhea And Pregnancy—How Are Two relevant? Pregnancy Tales Top 5 Tips to Increase Chances for Pregnancy Losing Pregnancy Weight Pregnancy Miracle Torrent - Pregnancy Miracle Book Pregnancy Miracle - The Insider Details Tips for Lose Pregnancy Weight How To Manage Allergic Asthma During Pregnancy Pregnancy Massage: Helping Expectant Mothers Cope 5 Reasons You Need a Diet Plan Pregnancy The Natural Diet Solution For Pcos And Infertility-The Diet Solution A natural pregnancy Stretch Mark Prevention Mechanism Pregnancy Skin Care Tips
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.22.221.28) / Processed in 0.012976 second(s), 7 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 2 , 3706, 89,