Insurances.net
insurances.net » Personal-Finance » What If You Die At Work?
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

What If You Die At Work?

Mohammed Arshad, 36, a self employed taxi driver

, was found in the evening of 22 July 2009 near Birmingham with stab wounds to his head and other injuries. He was taken to hospital and died of his injuries the next day leaving three sons.

He was found at the side of Wast Hill Lane in Hopwood and his blue Ford Galaxy was found a mile away. Mr Arshad's funeral was held on the Friday and a convoy of 200 taxi drivers paid their respects that evening. On the 15 November, West Mercia Police arrested a 28 year old man from Kings Norton on suspicion of murder.

Police initially released information about his last passenger who called himself Peter. Mr Arshad worked for A Cars of Pershore Road. Police released CCTV footage and an E-fit image and offered a 10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person who killed Mr Arshad.

Insurance consequences

There is nothing to say the vehicle was damaged, although it will be forensically examined and presumably in due course returned to the next of kin. Assuming it's returned intact, a standard taxi insurance policy would not pay out in this case.

It's not known whether Mr Arshad had purchased insurance and if he is Muslim he is more likely to have used Takaful products that comply with Islamic law. Non-Islamic insurance policies such as life assurance or personal accident insurance are affordable and could provide support for a family after a tragic event such as this.

Some form of insurance cover is important when there is a sole breadwinner for a family and there are a variety of different policies that can be used in isolation or in conjunction with each other depending on circumstances and budget.

by: Nick Pattison
You Can Stop Foreclosure Fast If You Act Now I Can Prevent Foreclosure On My Home- But Do I Want To? Government College Grants; Who Qualifies And How To Receive One Government Grants To Start A Business Government Home Grants: Who Qualifies And How Government Small Business Grant: Whats Available And How To Get One Government Student Grants; Whats Available, And How To Apply Small Business Government Grant; Is It Right For You? Tips On How To Score An Easy Scholarship For Students From State Of Georgia Quizzes And Calculators - Personal Finance Help Savings Tips To Save You Time And Money How To Sell Your House Quickly With No Hassle Catching People's Attention To Buy My House.
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.117.153.38) Georgia / Atlanta Processed in 0.010448 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 1801, 179,
What If You Die At Work? Atlanta