Board logo

subject: Tips for Selling Books Online by:Richard Harley [print this page]

Tips for Selling Books Online   by:Richard Harley

As you spend time scouting for books, you will develop an instinct for what might bring good money and what probably will not. Remember, you may not find some titles listed online, especially antique books. This could mean that you have a rare book or that the book is worth nothing so no one bothered to list it.

Choose a net profit point for profitability on a book sale. Remember, you will have shipping costs, book storage expenses and shipping supply expenses. Also, your time will be involved with hunting for books to sell, listing books online, answering questions from potential buyers, and corresponding with your buyers. You might find that you average $8.00 for all of the above costs. You want to make sure that the potential selling price of the book is more than your cost for the book plus eight dollars so that you make a profit.

Before listing your books online, be sure that you have shipping supplies available, an email address, a reliable internet connection, and a safe place to store your books.

After you find books that you are ready to sell, decide where you want to sell them. Two popular places for book sales are Ebay and Amazon. Amazon generally commands higher prices, but Ebay may get the books moved faster if you use an auction format.

Be sure to answer any potential buyer questions promptly. When an item sells, ship promptly. Email the buyer to let them know when the package shipped along with a tracking number if available. Excellent communication is key to getting a good seller rating.

Treat your online book selling as a business, keeping your business expenses separate from your personal expenses and maintaining good records.

Having a buyer thrilled that you were able to provide a rare book that they have been searching for is very gratifying. Selling books online can be a great work-from-home opportunity for bibliophiles!

By Richard Harley

About the author

I have farmed most of my life, worked for a John Deere dealer as a mechanic, drove semi trucks for 30 years, worked in a factory, been working on the Internet for 18 years, I love helping others make money on the Internet. I like traveling, camping, good movies, being with good friends and family.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)