Board logo

subject: At&t Center Tickets - Ring In Some Cattle At The Rodeo! [print this page]

At&t Center Tickets - Ring In Some Cattle At The Rodeo!

There are many things that San Antonio, Texas is well-known for, but one of its best known features is the San Antonio Rodeo. In 1854 the first agricultural fair appeared, though it wasn't until the 1940s that Joe Freeman built the Joe and Harry Freeman Coliseum to house such agricultural and livestock events including the rodeo, which finally took place in February 1950.

Since then, the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo has remained one of the most prominent events in the area, which now takes place at the AT&T Center. If you want to enjoy everything the San Antonio Rodeo has to offer during its 59th anniversary, get more information online for AT&T Center tickets.

Though the AT&T Center is home to the NBA's San Antonio Spurs as well as the AHL's San Antonio Rampage, it's the annual Stock Show and Rodeo which happens every February that gets nearly every seat in this over 18,000 seat venue filled. This year's Friday night performance will feature musical act Lady Antebellum, the trio of country music performers that took hold of the Top Vocal Group at the ACM Awards this year and received two Grammy nominations.

The group, which was only nominated Top New Group at the Academy of Country Music Awards last year, is sure to make the second night of the rodeo musical events excellent. Apart from the bull riding, saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, steer wrestling and more offered at the annual rodeo, the 2010 musical lineup is sure to be spectacular.
At&t Center Tickets - Ring In Some Cattle At The Rodeo!

This year's headlining act isn't unfamiliar with the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. A veteran of the show who hasn't been back in a decade, Tim McGraw is a well-known recording artist who has crossed his original country genre to see pop success. Singing tunes from his new album Southern Voice, Faith Hill's husband is touring in support of the October 2009 release that features the singles "Still," "Southern Voice" and "If I Died Today." The tunes were instant commercial successes when the album debuted at the top of the Country Albums chart and second on the Billboard 200, with "Southern Voice" making the Hot 100 Airplay and Hot Country Songs charts.

Performing on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 1 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., McGraw is sure to be the main musical attraction this year at the San Antonio Rodeo. Born in Delhi, La. in 1967, McGraw was a baseball player who earned a scholarship to Northeast Louisiana University. It wasn't until college that he picked up his guitar and immediately started playing the local club circuit, fixing himself in Nashville in 1989 and debuted in 1992 with the Curb release "Welcome to the Club."

It was his sophomore effort Not a Moment Too Soon, which featured the hit "Indian Outlaw," that caused a ruckus and earned McGraw some commercial attention. Though the single was nearly outlawed by country radio stations, it hit the country Top 10 and helped to push the next few singles to the top of the country charts.

Since then, McGraw has remained a country music staple, performing hits like "I Like it, I Love it," "Just to See you Smile," "Just to Hear you Say that You Love Me" and many more. His stint at this year's San Antonio Rodeo is sure to be just as sweet as it was 10 years ago when he was playing hits from his triple platinum set A Place in the Sun like "Please Remember Me," "Something Like That" and "My Next Thirty Years."

by: Brent Warnken

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)