Board logo

subject: Carrie Underwood Tickets - Ready To 'play' [print this page]

Carrie Underwood Tickets - Ready To 'play'

Though she didn't do much during 2009 in comparison to years past, Carrie Underwood is gearing up for 2010 with the announcement of her Play On Tour. The country starlet who still managed to garner two Grammy Award nominations even though her third album Play On was ineligible for nomination this year (thanks to its late release date), Underwood knows how to play to her strengths.

Still an Oklahoma girl at heart, Underwood has been shelving rumors that her debut single "Cowboy Casanova" has anything to do with her former beau Tony Romo while still managing a private relationship with Ottawa Senators' Mike Fisher. If you're gearing up for the Play On Tour that begins in March, prepare yourself by going online, where Carrie Underwood tickets can be found soon.

The first leg, which begins in March in Reading, Pa., will have Carrie touring the States through late May. "I am getting excited about next year as we are currently working through all the big plans for the tour," she said in a press release. "I cannot wait to perform new music and see familiar faces across the U.S. and Canada." Underwood will hit up Canada a few times in March and is sure to add more dates once the tickets start selling.

Underwood caught her break on the 2005 season of American Idol, but stardom was in her bones as a broadcast journalism major at Northeastern State College. The young singer who had a voice and the face of an angel immediately captured the heart of America when she sang her singles on the show, earning her the title of American Idol, a record contract and the single "Inside Your Heaven."
Carrie Underwood Tickets - Ready To 'play'

She was successful from the start, and as the first country singer to win the competition it was a surprising feat. Underwood used her innocent charm to play at the judges' hearts, helping her to beat out the competition. Yet her grounding and her melodious voice continues to make her a star. One of the best selling alumni of the show, Underwood has exceeded many country fans' expectations with her crossover appeal. As the youngest Grand Ole Opry member, Underwood has won loads of accolades - from CMA and ACM Female Vocalist of the Year to number one hits, Billboard chart topping albums and a headlining tour that performed to over a million fans.

Her newest set, which has already sold in excess of 730,000 copies, is the first time that the country star has really spread her wings; Carrie amped up her writing skills for the third set, co-penning seven of the 13 tracks. "Because of my songwriting I feel like somebody can listen to this album and get more of a sense of who I am," she says on her website. "I do feel like people can get to know me a lot better from Play On."

The album was the fastest selling set for a female recording artist this year, and the second best sales week for country in 2009, as well. She has already seen much success, but with a new tour that sees her trekking through Austin, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Charleston, Rochester, Atlantic City and more, she's sure to get more.

by: Brent Warnken

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)