Board logo

subject: Prevent And Treat Heartburn & Acid Reflux Before It Gets Out Of Control [print this page]

Prevent And Treat  Heartburn & Acid Reflux Before It Gets Out Of Control

The most common digestive system disorder people experience is heartburn, another name for acid reflux. Often, many people will encounter heartburn or acid reflux during night time hours while sleeping. When this happens, a burning sensation in the stomach, chest and throat will be felt. A lot of people have mistakenly got their attack of acid reflux confused with that of a heart attack..

Acid reflux is a very serious condition that can affect many individuals including, infants and young children as well as adults. Infants usually grow out from this condition after time while most young children will likely experience acid reflux in their lifetime. I was one of the lucky ones, I inherited my acid reflux disease from my maternal grandmother.

These acids in the gastric area are highly acidic. When these acids touch the lining of the esophagus, irritation and inflammation of the esophagus occur, causing heartburn. The abnormal acid flow is due to either LES, caused by the relaxation of the muscle between the esophagus and the abdomen or other related factors such as structural defects or disorders like hiatial hernia or lifestyle factors.

Heartburn or acid reflux needs treatment especially when a night time attack happens. Night time attacks have similar daytime attack symptoms except that night time attacks include snoring, restlessness, fatigue and even abnormalities in breathing are all night time symptoms. Attacks during the night are more severe than attacks during day.
Prevent And Treat  Heartburn & Acid Reflux Before It Gets Out Of Control

Many people with heartburn or acid reflux understand the cause of their condition. However, there are still many people lacking essential knowledge of how acid reflux can be triggered. The simplest answer is food. Many people experience acid reflux after having eaten more than they probably should have.

Foods, such as spicy foods, chocolates, tomato products, fried and fatty foods, can bring on acid reflux. . In fact, even citrus fruits have a tendency to bring on an attack of acid reflux and heartburn. Lemonade is a killer for me, and I love the stuff.

Acid reflux is a condition that can lead to severe problems if left untreated. If you are diagnosed with this condition, always take necessary precautions when experiencing it, to avoid further serious problems. If left unattended, the possibilities of cancer occurring sometime down the road, are highly possible.

Following through with the proper precautions and changing your lifestyle will greatly reduce your chances of acid reflux becoming a bigger problem.

by: Jameson Phoenix

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)