Board logo

subject: Hand Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Faster [print this page]

Hand Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Faster

We use and abuse them every day! Our hands, we clean and scrub, we pick things up, open close doors and typing on our computers! We open cans and jars, put shoes on, buckle children's car seats, turn knobs, dials, the list goes on. While most of us rub lotion on our hands this only takes care of the skin. Sure this helps after we wash dishes and counters, but it doesn't take care of muscles or joints. Guess what does? A good hand massage does. Even when we rub lotion on our hands, we enjoy the feeling of the rubbing motion. Let me tell you first about the art of massage, then about hand massage. I know you'll be interested to learn more, I certainly was.

Massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue. Hand massage is done to enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being, as well as feeling really great on the hands. If you are looking to modern medicine to cure your issues, maybe you are looking in the wrong place. The art of massage dates way back, back to over 3000 years. It has been documented by the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians. They all applied forms of massage for many ailments. Hippocrates even wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. A hand massage can relieve headaches, fatigue, dizziness, fainting, stomach problems and many, many others

The art of massage became popular in the US in the 1800's. It had a surge of popularity until the 1930's. When modern medicine came to the forefront, the art of massage therapy became discounted as lesser than. Suddenly, it became popular again in the 1960's and 1970's when nurses began to use it to relieve pain in patients. It again gained credibility when, in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta it was deemed a core medical service.

The word massage comes from the Latin word "fictio", as well as from the French word meaning "friction or kneading", and the Arabic word "massa" meaning to touch, feel or handle. I am always interested in finding out the origin of words, and to me this was fascinating, as each culture derived its own word and meaning. A hand massage done well is luxurious and can be done at your local spa. While these spas offer a wide variety, this may be the one for you. It'll cure all those aches and pains, joints, tendons etc, while feeling great and relaxing.
Hand Massage: Alleviate Muscle Spasms Faster

When having a hand massage, we must realize that there are a variety of specific pressure points that relate directly to different parts of the body. Every part of the hand has pressure points, including the back, fingers and the palm. Each pressure point is numbered. A weak bladder can be relieved by rubbing on point #31.The middle finger tip, when rubbed on the side will relieve fatigue. When looking for constipation relief, look no further than pressure point #22 and twist. Dizzy? Try having point#33 rubbed. Your local spa technician will be able to perform a hand massage for you, and also give you a map of the hand with the ailments and pressure points numbered. Go ahead, try it out. Find your ailment, then look no further than your local spa.

by: Robert Sted

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)