Board logo

subject: Swedish Massage: Alleviate Hurts More Effectively [print this page]

Swedish Massage: Alleviate Hurts More Effectively

What a great massage I just had! Oh, I feel so great after that massage. If you are saying that, chances are you just had a Swedish massage. This is one of the more modern styles of massage, however, it is by no means new. This style of massage was developed in Stockholm a few centuries ago to increase the level of oxygen in the blood. It also relieves tension. The muscles are rubbed in the direction of blood flow.

Have you ever had a massage? Not just a regular massage, but a deep tissue massage. Do you think this is something new? No, it is not a new medical breakthrough, this art has been practiced throughout the world. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use; the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and even Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue. This is done to enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being. There are so, so many versions of this massage therapy, over 250 to be precise.

Swedish massage is a growing business. Once you find out more about it, you will want to try it frequently. Employment in this field in one that is actually increasing these days. As a massage therapist is generally self-employed, and special equipment is use required for any sort of a massage, he/she will generally own their own. A typical commercial table designed for massage has a heavily padded surface which is easy to clean. There is a horseshoe-shaped head support so the recipient can breathe with ease while lying face down. These tables can be easily cleaned and remain hygienic. Pillows and mats are also used to keep people in the most appropriate position.

The masseuse, when doing a Swedish massage, will use only 5 basic strokes. He/she will use lotion to stimulate the skin and reduce friction. These strokes will help circulation, joint stiffness and pain. It will harmonize the body and mind. These motions are sliding, kneading, tapping, friction and vibration.
Swedish Massage: Alleviate Hurts More Effectively

Ordinary massages provide benefits to the body, which in turn feels mentally good. Swedish massage is designed to treat both mental and physical well-being. Physically, it relieves stress and overall health and harmony. The body will heal faster and regenerate itself. This also helps with physical pain, as well as helping scars heal more quickly. Mentally, the Swedish massage theory is that with the human touch, we feel mentally better. We are more aware of our bodies, and this helps us to be more calm. Our bodies and minds feel more connected.

Swedish massage is pretty much for everyone, even pregnant women. We know how much discomfort we are in when we are pregnant. We have problems breathing. These symptoms can be eased, possibly eliminated. Throughout my three pregnancies, my pain could have been eased if only I had known about this. This would have been a great gift to give me at a baby shower. Keep in mind that massages can help eliminate waste products from the mother through the lymphatic and circulatory system, thus giving the mother more energy. Do you have a baby shower to go to? Remember, check your local spa. I bet they offer gift certificates for Swedish massage therapies for pregnant women!

by: Fred Savinelli

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)