Board logo

subject: Reviewing the Fellowes Powershred P-40 Paper Shredder [print this page]

Author: Jeff McRitchie

Once regulated to the office, the paper shredder is becoming a more common sight in today's homes. Having a shredder on hand can reduce your chances of becoming an identity theft victim and there are a lot of great personal-sized shredders to choose from. Fellowes is a leading manufacturer of these products and one of their smaller shredders is the PowerShred P-40. This system is a great choice if you need a simple machine to help you out. Here are the P-40's strengths and a short discussion regarding its weaknesses. Strengths: The P-40 is a classic strip-cut shredder. It will turn your documents into 1/4" strips and is ideal for the destruction of receipts, credit card offers, old e-mails, and more. Each unit has a feed opening that is 9 inches wide, so you can shred both legal- and letter-sized items. The P-40 can also shred your unwanted credit/debit cards, as well as any paper clips or staples that are attached to your papers. This device can shred up to 8 sheets every time you use it. It can feasibly shred up to 85 sheets a minute which is a fantastic amount for a personal-sized machine. Paper jams are easy to resolve because this machine has a motorized reverse function to help you remove misfed paper. The device also has a gauge that will let you know how much paper you're trying to insert so if you're trying to shred too much, you can remove some pages to prevent a jam. This is a very quiet shredder and it's also very safe to use. It has a lock that will prevent the shredder from being used accidentally, so this device is great for homes or businesses in which kids are present. (Pets, too!) There is a 3.7-gallon waste bin that will hold your shreds for you. The bin is easy to empty thanks to a handle attached to the shredder. The cost of a new office device is always a concern and the good news is that the P-40 is available for less than $100.00. It has a terrific three-year warranty on the cutting head as well, which is a wonderful feature, considering the machine's low price. Weaknesses: This shredder was designed for personal use, so it's not recommended for high-volume shredding. It would be impossible to do that level of document destruction anyway since the P-40's shredding capacity is only 8 sheets. Strip-cut machines are good for destroying a lot of different types of documents, but they don't offer the highest level of security available. Therefore, this product definitely shouldn't be used for getting rid of top-secret, classified documents. This device cannot shred CD's/DVD's and floppy disks. Also, the credit card and paper waste you produce will be mixed together, so recycling might be a bit of a challenge. There are no casters on this machine. Luckily, it only weighs 11 pounds, so hopefully the lack of casters won't be much of an issue. As you can see, the Fellowes PowerShred P-40 is good for use at home and it's very affordable. Although it lacks some of the bells and whistles of more advanced (and expensive) products, this is one shredder that will adequately take care of your basic, everyday shredding needs.About the Author:

If you're interested in buying the Fellowes PowerShred P-40 Paper Shredder, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this great product, as well as a wonderful selection of other Paper Shredders, and they're all available at low prices. Plus, they offer free shipping on all orders over $75.00. Check it out for yourself today!
I recently tried cbd gummies sleep in search the blue ribbon control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I create that it significantly helped with my anxiety and doze issues without any unconcealed side effects. The lubricator was serene to utter, with definite dosage instructions. It had a mild, vulgar leaning that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a signal upgrading in my overall well-being, instinct more languorous and rested. I know the regular technique to wellness CBD offers and procedure to at using it.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)