Board logo

subject: Chair Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively [print this page]

Chair Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively

These days we all work hard and play hard. Families are on the move between school, after-school activities, work, housework. I get it, we don't take time sit and relax. We can't always make it to the local spa for a massage. You may be one of the lucky ones whose company provides the relief of a chair massage!

Some companies actually will provide on-the job chair massages. A masseuse will show up, equipment in hand, at the job site. These independent workers know that a massage will greatly reduce stress as well as aches and pains. Chair massage, unlike many others, is done while the recipient is fully clothed, so it can be done in public rather than in a private salon.

"My employer would never use this" - don't be so willing to say this. Many companies have on-site pharmacies, day care, even nap-rooms. When we consider this, a travelling masseuse, with equipment, seems like nothing. Especially to be used as an incentive or reward.

As an employer, are you providing health care for your employees? Take chair massage into consideration. You will have fewer absences and better functioning individuals. They will produce great numbers and will be an overall benefit to the employer and employee.
Chair Massage Alleviate Aches More Effectively

The word massage comes from the Latin word "frictio", as well as from the French word meaning "friction or kneading", and the Arabic word "massa" meaning to touch, feel or handle.

Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document the use of massage. The ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and even Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. At the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, there were masseuses on hand for any injury that could be treated with it.

One very important thing about massage is that while it relieves pain and stress, it doesn't require medication, which can lead to drowsiness. If the employee is happy, he/she will produce better. Every employer wants to have happy workers, as they know this maximizes the work. My husband and I don't want to be billionaires. We want to be able to pay the basic bills and have our girls in dance and music classes.

In the morning, before my husband begins his day, I encourage him to stretch out. He drives many miles a day and works in a busy office and with clients. His company doesn't offer chair massage yet. We are hoping that soon they will begin to offer this, as I know it will help with the stress, head and neck pain. He does make an effort to go in for massages as he knows the benefits. We're waiting until the company offers it and it's done on their time for their benefit!

by: Robert Reynolds

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)