Board logo

subject: Raise Money for Charity and Go Skydiving Today [print this page]

There are many traditional ways to fundraise for non profit charities such as: Silent Auctions, Raffles, walkathons, bake sales, car washes, etc. There are so many distinct ways to raise donations for your favorite charity that only one's imagination is the limiting factor!

One day, I thought that I was going to face a personal fear that I have had for many years, and that was to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. That's right, I decided that I wanted to Go Skydiving and raise money for my favorite charity at the same time. Talk about a personal growth experience!

Seeing that I am a natural control freak, I searched the web high and low for every bit of knowledge that I could find prior to making this giant leap of faith! I learned that there are two modern types of first jump courses; a tandem skydive, or an AFF (First Jump Course). Along with this, I learned that modern day parachutes have evolved from round parachutes to rectangular wings, and most if not all equipment are equipped with Automatic Activation Devices. I found most of this information at Skydive Elsinore, Southern California's premeir skydiving center.

The next process was to find a system where I could raise money to Go Skydiving! I found this unique website called Adventures4Charity where I could raise $500.00 for my favorite charity and then be eligible for a free tandem skydive! How cool is that! In fact the company offers more than just skydiving, I learned that they offer many unique charity adventures. Once I signed up for an account on the system, I raised over $500.00 and then scheduled my skydive with them!

The actual tandem skydive that I did was the most amazing experience of my life. The ride in the aircraft was nerve racking, but when I got to the door with my tandem instructor, I felt free as a bird! Free fall was amazing as we accelerated upwards of 120 mph.; upon opening I was expecting a hard opening, but was pleasantly surprised to feel that modern day parachutes open softly. After a 5 minute canopy ride, I was once again on terra fir-ma with a soft landing.

After the jump, I could not stop thinking about the incredible experience that I just accomplished, but more importantly, I feel as I made a difference in raising money for my favorite charity. Raise money for charity by making a skydive and experiencing a personal growth event! Talk about a true win-win!

Raise Money for Charity and Go Skydiving Today

By: John Hamilton

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)