Board logo

subject: Swedish Massage Alleviate Aches Faster [print this page]

Swedish Massage Alleviate Aches Faster

I feel so great! That was fabulous. I just had my first Swedish massage. Why did it take me so long to discover this. Having had one, I now know that this is one of the more modern-day massages. It was developed in Stockholm, Sweden, just a few centuries ago. It relieves tension by rubbing muscles in the direction of the blood flow. This is in order to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood.

Have you ever had a massage? Not just a regular massage, but a deep tissue massage. Do you think this is something new? No, it is not a new medical breakthrough, this art has been practiced throughout the world. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years document its use; the ancient Hindus, Persians and Egyptians applied forms of massage for many ailments; and even Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Massage is the manipulation of superficial layers of muscle and connective tissue. This is done to enhance function and promote relaxation and well-being. There are so, so many versions of this massage therapy, over 250 to be precise.

As more people learn about the benefits of Swedish massage therapy, employment in this field is growing. As independent contractors, massage therapists usually have their own equipment which consists of special massage tables and chairs are used to position clients during massages. A typical commercial massage table has an easily cleaned, heavily padded surface, and a horseshoe-shaped head support that allows the client to breathe easily while lying face down and can be stationary or portable. This is cleaned between massages, keeping everything very hygienic. An orthopedic pillow or bolster can be used to correct body positioning.

When performing a Swedish massage, the masseuse will use five basic strokes. These are sliding, kneading, tapping, friction and vibration. Poor circulation, as well as joint stiffness and pain can be relieved by these motions. The skin can be stimulated by using lotion. It also helps with the reduction of friction.
Swedish Massage Alleviate Aches Faster

If you have ever had a body massage, you will know that in general, specific areas are targeted. The difference between regular massages and Swedish is that Swedish targets both body and mind. We will feel less stress and more harmony. We will feel like our bodies are in sync. This assists the body in healing both mental and physical scars. The theory behind Swedish massage is that it is for everyone. Even pregnant women.

Even pregnant women can receive a Swedish massage. This can alleviate muscle spasms and discomfort which we all know can be associated with pregnancy. This can also help with breathing problems associated with pregnancy. For me, as a mother of 3 girls aged 9 and under, I wish I had known about pregnancy massages when I was pregnant. This would have been the best gift I could have received. I now know that massages can help eliminate waste products from the mother through the lymphatic and circulatory system, thus giving the mother more energy. Find your local spa. Get a massage!. It will enrich your life immensely!

by: Robert Reynolds

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)