Board logo

subject: Back Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively [print this page]

Back Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively

If you are a home-owner (or renter), a parent, a caregiver, heck, even a pet-owner, you are on-the-go! Between carrying groceries or kitty litter, moving car seats, picking up small children, carrying back-packs, you are under physical (perhaps mental) pressure. As a parent, I can attest. If I am not making a bed, cooking meals, taking children from one activity to another, I am doing laundry, feeling my back hurt! This is truly common. My solution? Back massage at my local spa. The more frequent the better.

Spas offer more than just a back massage, from fingers to toes, from back to head. We tend to neglect our backs, even we are always using them. They are used even more than our feet. While I have tried many different massages, and enjoy them all, I feel that a back massage is most beneficial.

You will surely find a caring masseuse who will talk you through your first massage, discuss a variety of lotions and methods, as well as offering a semi-nude option or nude (covered modestly with towels) depending on your level of comfort. I, for one, was quite uncomfortable with the nude option, so first time around went semi-nude. The massage was so, so great! Two weeks later I am still feeling the relaxing, refreshing effect!

You and your spouse may both be feeling the same level of backache. This may lead to you feeling unsympathetic to him, and him discounting your gripes. Try talking with a girlfriend. She will understand. Who knows, she's probably had many a massage. My good friend describes a massage as getting away from it all, a vacation
Back Massage: Alleviate Soreness More Effectively

While modern medicine is great, it won't always get to the root of the problem. Massage is an ancient technique, which has been used through the ages to cure many ailments. With modern advances in medicine, massage became pass, a thing no longer needed. However, in the late 1990's (including the Olympic year in Atlanta) massage made a comeback and was considered a valuable medical service.

Massage can be used on any body part, but to me a back massage is the most suitable to my needs. After all, with three children, I am moving heavy car seats, carrying backpacks, and driving a lot.

As a parent, I instill in my girls the necessity of stretching and excercising. You would think I would lead by example. No, if I have great energy, I will clean out closets, take them to many classes, sit and watch. You ask, why not exercise when they are in class". Seems obvious - unless you have an obstinate child.

However, ours is not a perfect world. My 6 yr old will not run and keep up with me. Heavens, she will barely keep up with my walk pace. She refuses to sit in a stroller or to ride her bike. She also will throw a fit when I mention that maybe, just maybe, she will sit through two hours while her sisters have their ballet class. What's a mom to do. Say nothing, but get a back massage!

by: Hector Espinoza

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)