Board logo

subject: Vick diagnosed with rib cartilage injury [print this page]

Vick diagnosed with rib cartilage injury

"I told him: 'Don't take no hits like that. We can't afford you taking hits,'" Jackson said. "He's just trying to make things happen."

Vick didn't listen, and he ended up with a rib cartilage injury that will force him to miss "maybe a week, maybe two mlb jerseys weeks," the quarterback told WXTG 102.1's The Bruce Smith Show out of Virginia Beach on Monday night.

"Usually I'm a fast healer, so we'll have to see," Vick said on the radio show.

"It won't be no more than two weeks, hopefully. Hopefully."

The Eagles play the San Francisco 49ers in Week 5 and then face Vick's former team, the Atlanta Falcons, the following week.

"This is going to be one of those day-to-day, week to week [injuries]," Eagles coach Andy Reid said Monday. "We'll just see how it goes and how he feels along the way."

Without Vick, Kevin Kolb gets another chance to prove he can be the No. 1 quarterback. Kolb began the nfl jersey season as Donovan McNabb's successor, but lost his job when he sustained a concussion in Week 1 and Vick played exceptional in his absence.

"I'm a competitor and I want to play," Kolb said. "I want to win. It's vital for our season and for our team right now to go out and win next week and I hope I get the opportunity. But we'll see what happens with Mike's injury and what the situation is and then we'll go from there."

The offense struggled without Vick in Philadelphia's 17-12 loss to McNabb and the Redskins on Sunday. The Eagles (2-2) now travel to face a desperate 49ers team looking to avoid an 0-5 start.

Reid said Vick doesn't have any broken bones, though the cartilage between his second and third rib might be cracked.

"He's sore, he's mlb jerseyssore," Reid said. "It's up high in that second and third rib. And that's what it is and you have ligaments and you have cartilage up there."

By: Michael

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)