Board logo

subject: Trip to Parga , Greece [print this page]

Trip to Parga , Greece

Trip to Parga , Greece

Searching for a good deal on a holiday is like searching for a good Car Dealer Websites deal on a car. You spend hours and hours looking at different tour operators, different hotels and different destinations but end up booking the first one you saw. It was a situation just like this when I booked my first holiday to Greece. I was on a tight budget. I was aways on a tight budget in my twenties. I wanted to be a dancer and although I was never unemployed, the jobs were always poorly paid. However, my friend and I needed a break and booked a weeks stay in a place called Parga on mainland Greece. Neither of us had ever heard of Parga. We picked up a travel guide from a local book store and we were on our way. Flying with an unknown Greek airline, the exterior of the aircraft left us both feeling a little anxious and uneasy. We arrived without incident a mere four hours later. We landed at a military base called Preveza which was utilised for holiday flights every Thursday. After a short transfer we arrived at our holiday accommodation. It seemed dark, dinghy and it was even raining a little. We seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. As it was now 3.00am we decided to have some sleep and set out exploring in the morning. I woke sharply to the sound of birds singing outside in the warm morning sunshine. Opening the shutters I was surprised to see that we were situated in a beautiful lemon grove. The beautiful aroma coming from the trees immediately uplifted my spirit. After a quick breakfast we headed for a walk. Within five minutes we were on the beach. It was quiet, uncommercial and a welcome change. The village itself had an abundance of local restaurants and tavernas and was as pretty as a picture postcard We have been returning there year after year for almost ten years. It never gets boring and I would recommend this holiday to anyone.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)