Board logo

subject: Best Kids Pets [print this page]

Best Kids Pets

Best Kids Pets

Best kids pets are domestic animals that can help children to become responsible in taking care of them. Is getting your kid a pet a good idea? It can be a very memorable experience if your kid can handle the responsibility of caring for a pet.

Having a pet is therapeutic and can benefit kids health. That's why trained pets visit hospitals to see children and adult patients.

Small pets such as mice, rabbits, guinea pigs, and fish are probably good choices early on. These are not too difficult to care for and a kid can manage task such as providing food, water, entertainment, and waste removal.

If you get your kid a pet rodent, responsibilities will included giving the animal fresh food, water, and the frequent changing of bedding. While mice, gerbils, and rabbits tend to be quite docile, guinea pigs can have a bad temper sometimes and bite. So your kid must watch out for this.

If you get your kid a fish, a beta fish is probably the best bet. Beta fish don't require big tanks and are easy to care for. All it needs is food and changing the water when it gets dirty.

Larger animals such as cats and dogs require more responsibility and require the parent's assistance. It will be the parent's job to take a cat or a dog to a vet. Going on a walk with the dog will also require a parent.

Cleaning a cat's litter box is not exactly suited for a kid either. The litter can smell bad and a bag of kitty litter will be too heavy for your kid to handle.

On the other hand, kids can easily manage small pets on their own without their parent's help. To teach your kid the full meaning of responsibility, get a nice little pet for them to take care of.

When I was growing up as a kid, we had a yorkshire terrier named Miky. He was only 8 weeks old when we got him. It taught me many things and I have fond memories. Pets can become children's best companion and friends.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)