Board logo

subject: A Way Of Doing Online Directory Submission and What It Translates As [print this page]

A Way Of Doing Online Directory Submission and What It Translates As

A Way Of Doing Online Directory Submission and What It Translates As

Publishing to directories is one of the most straightforward ways to build links to your websites, however such a practice is not without problems, there is a prevalence of small world-wide-web sites and website directory operators who mainly exist to swindle you. For instance a website operator may constantly launch new web-sites, focusing all the PageRank they have on the new ones, to make it look like an attractive submission, then eventually they may get prohibited for manipulating Pagerank etc, or submissions dwindle, and they open a new one, forsaking the old one. Meaning, that nice listing you paid for, quickly evaporates. Directories alone also cannot be your only building back links endeavor, you need other types of links as well, that being said, here three of the most important and powerful web sites on the web: Open Directory Project, the poorly managed free directory website. It can take many months or years to get in, and then a competitor who is a directory site editor can just remove your listing or not approve it to begin with. There have been incidents where even higher up ODP editors (so-called meta editors) were corrupt in this way. Still, every new site should be submitted. You just cannot count on it. Yahoo, the leading pay list, has vastly dropped in importance due to Yahoos own decisions to devalue and de-emphasize their website directory in their search results and throughout their site. Meaning less and less traffic browses their submission site than what used to. They also bill a annual fee, not a one-time fee, of $300 a year. So, in order to submit to them you need make sure you will earn at least $300 a year directly off the traffic & link benefits you gain from the listing listing. In general I consider listings for sites whom I think can be rewarded with an increase of at least $10 a day through higher traffic. I know, an actual positive return on investment would be around $1 a day, but there are other methods for raising traffic than a Yahoo submission, that would give a much better return on investment, so the gains in my mind have to be substantial to justify it. BOTW, what I consider the last of the good tier directories, has the benefit of being very similar to Yahoo, but better in that they have one time fee submission options. With a one time fee submission you have 5 years, 10 years, to make up the cost, it is much easier to justify than Yahoos yearly fee (Best of the Web also has a yearly fee option). Best of the Web has been around nearly as long as Yahoo as well, and throughout the site Page Ranks are very close. They have less traffic than Yahoo of course, but they are much cheaper too. Building back links is as much about your sites reputation as your sites rankings, and I think being discriminating in your submissions is a good thing and will help make sure you do not over do things and trip any present or future filter or penalty. Another wonderful place to submit your website is my own little submission site (requires a recriprocal link): Submit Your Websites.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)