Board logo

subject: Beneficiaries Of Unclaimed Life Insurance Policies Can Really Use The Money [print this page]

Beneficiaries Of Unclaimed Life Insurance Policies Can Really Use The Money

Beneficiaries Of Unclaimed Life Insurance Policies Can Really Use The Money

It is just a shame that money owed to some beneficiaires of unclaimed life insurance policies never get to them during their lifetimes. I spoke with some representatives of life insurance companies to see how many phone calls daily they receive asking for them to search their database for lost life insurance policies. I had one company say 100's a day. I had another company tell me 1000's a day and they even elaborated that it was a total waste of the consumer's time as well as resources and man power of his company. He said that they will never find it if they do not know which company their loved one bought it from.

He is absolutely correct. With well over 2000 life insurance companies in the United States alone finding a lost or misplaced life insurance policy can be quite the task. It is very important to keep all your beneficiaries informed of the company that you took life insurance with. As much as the life insurance companies try to get hold of your beneficiaries, they will only go so far. If they do not know that you have passed, meaning no one told them, they will not even look.

There are a few reputable companies that send letters to companies hopeing they return an answer however, what is really needed is a central database where an individual can go to and register the company name they have life insurance with for free. This will eliminate any concerns about beneficiaries losing track or misplacing paperwork. A simple search of the database will solve any problems.

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)