Board logo

subject: Robyn Tickets for Robyn UK Tour 2011 [print this page]

Robyn Tickets for Robyn UK Tour 2011

Robin Miriam Carlsson, better known by her stage name Robyn, born 12 June 1979, is a Swedish recording artist and singer-songwriter. Robyn became known in the late nineties for her worldwide dance-pop hits "Show Me Love" and "Do You Know" from her debut album Robyn Is Here.

Robyn started her career in the pop music industry at the age of sixteen. Robyn signed a record deal with RCA Records in 1994 to release her debut single, "You've Got That Somethin'", in Sweden. Later that same year, Robyn's Swedish breakthrough came with the single "Do You Really Want Me". These singles became part of the album "Robyn Is Here", released in October 1996. Robyn's U.S. breakthrough came in 1997, when the dance-pop singles "Show Me Love" and "Do You Know What It Takes" reached the top ten on the Billboard Hot 100.

The album, My Truth, was released in May 1999 in Sweden, with subsequent releases elsewhere in the continent. In 1999, Robyn contributed to Christian Falk's debut solo album Quel Bordel, appearing on the tracks "Remember" and "Celebration". In 2000, Robyn appeared on the track "Intro/ Fristil" on Petter's self-titled album. In 2001, Robyn contributed the song "Say You'll Walk the Distance" to the soundtrack for the film On the Line. The song was later covered by fellow Swedish pop singer Darin Zanyar.

In November 2002, Robyn swapped labels at BMG and released the album Don't Stop the Music in Sweden. In May 2004, the album Robyn's Best was released in America.

Robyn's fourth studio album, Robyn, became her first number-one album upon its release in Sweden. Robyn received rave reviews, and gained the singer three Swedish Grammy Awards in 2006 for "rets Album" (Best Album), "rets Kompositr" (Best Writer, alongside Klas hlund) and "rets Pop Kvinnlig" (Best Pop Female). It also garnered Robyn interest on a global level. Robyn gained recognition for writing the song "Money for Nothing" for Darin Zanyar, his debut single. Robyn released three more singles"Who's That Girl?", "Handle Me" and "Crash and Burn Girl"from the eponymous LP, which proved immensely popular in Sweden. Robyn featured on the Basement Jaxx track "Hey U", taken from their album Crazy Itch Radio, released in 2006.

In January 2009, Robyn won a Swedish Grammis Award for Best Live Act 2008. Robyn is featured on Norway's premier electronic outfit Ryksopp's 2009 album "Junior" with the song "The Girl and the Robot". The song was accompanied by a music video featuring the artist and released internationally as the 2nd single from the album. It peaked at No: 2 on the Norwegian singles charts.

In March 2010 Robyn appeared on the Swedish television series Dom kallar oss artister. Robyn said that her goal is to have the new album out in June. Robyn also said that the album will be very personal, like a diary. The track listing was confirmed, including: "Don't Fucking Tell Me What to Do" which is written by Robyn and Klas hlund, "None of Dem" with Ryksopp, "Dance Hall Queen" with Diplo, "Fembot" and "Dancing on My Own", written by Robyn and Patrik Berger. To promote the forthcoming album Robyn released the songs "Fembot", "Dancehall Queen" and "None of Dem" to digital outlets as promotional singles on 13 April 2010. Robyn released the first of a trilogy of albums to be released over the course of 2010 titled Body Talk Pt. 1, in June of that year, peaking at No: 1. . A follow up album, Body Talk Pt. 2, was released on September 6, entering straight at No: 1 of the Swedish chart, and the final album of the trilogy, Body Talk, was released on November 22nd, 2010 with the first single Indestructible. Robyn has revealed that she could release a new album as soon as 2011.

Robyn will hit roads in UK in coming year. Robyn will kick off the tour on Mar 04, 2011 (Friday).

Sold Out Ticket Market is ideal for Robyn Tickets for UK tour 2011 at nominal rates. Sold Out Ticket Market provides its customers with Robyn Tickets for UK tour 2011 for all dates and venues in which she is going to perform. Get your Robyn Tickets from our safe and secure system and watch herLive in UK.

Starting Date: Mar 04, 2011

Day: Friday

Starting Time: 19:30

Venue: O2 Academy Bristol, Bristol

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)