Board logo

subject: Caracol Beach, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal [print this page]

Caracol Beach, Cancun by:Rosa Carvajal

Playa Caracol, meaning snail or seashell, is situated 8.5 km in the Hotel Zone. If you're looking to have some more active kind of fun, then Caracol Beach is your best bet. It is considered one of the nicer and most popular beaches due to its flat shallow sand bed. Playa Caracol provides beachgoers with one of the safest beaches, as far as currents, in the area. In fact, what caught my attention the most about this beach is that its sapphire-blue waves remain calm regardless of the waves in the neighboring beaches. There are also tiny little rocks embedded in the sand as well as countless marvelous seashells, which is where this beach gets its name.

One could definitely spend hours just admiring those seashells and even the tiny rocks, which seem to capture the sun light in a sort of magical way. As expected, due to its popularity, Playa Caracol is one of the most crowded beaches in Cancun. Also, due to the shallow waters, this beach is ideal for families.

This is an ideal location for all sorts of water sports including swimming, sail-boarding, water skiing, pedal bikes, and parasailing. As one can observe from our virtual tour, jet skis are readily available right on the shore. What can be more convenient than that? As a matter of fact, one need not worry about having to pack any sort of water sports equipment (definitely one less thing to worry about!).

Very near by is Plaza Caracol, which is a shopping center that not only includes well-known international brands but also the American and Canadian Consulates. The Xcaret Dock, which gives visitors an inside look into the rich ecological life of Cancun and its vicinity.

About the author

I'm an English instructor. I love my career because it allows me to work with students of all ages (from children in kindergarten to mature adults in college) and walks of life. I have a B.A. in English and have recently obtained my M.A. also in English. During my free time I write travel and write short articles for the Patawalk Virtual Tours website (www.patawalk.com). This site takes visitors into fully mapped virtual tours in 360 format of amazing plces such as Cancun, Mexico. It's like being there!'

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)