Board logo

subject: Beach Holidays in Kerala, God's Own Country by:Joseph Moore [print this page]

Beach Holidays in Kerala, God's Own Country by:Joseph Moore

Last year I planned for a beach vacation in Kerala, God's Own Country with our five friends. We were looking for a right package for one week. One of my relatives told me about a travel agent. We contacted him. The travel agent told me a package of 5 nights and 6 days which was covering famous beaches and backwaters of beautiful state of Kerala. We all friends are looking for beaches and backwaters for our holidays. And beaches and backwaters are attractions for which Kerala is globally acclaimed.

We are from Delhi. On appointed day we arrived in Trivandrum by train. Trivandrum is the capital city of Kerala. It is itself a major tourist destination with lots of catchy attraction. On arrival at Trivandrum railway station we saw a person taking a placard with our names. We reached there. The person was a representative from our tour organizer. He greeted and transferred us Kovalam by an AC Car. Kovalam is perhaps the most popular beach destination in the state. It is one of the most popular destinations for beach lovers in the world. We were transferred into a luxurious resort at Kovalam. After change and wash we enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at the restaurant of the resort. We enjoyed resort facilities like swimming pools, indoor games, and ayurvedic massage. It was a marvelous experience of us because we were at such kinds of resort first time.

On the second day of our tour package we were free to explore the beach charm of Kovalam. Truly it was a mind-blowing experience of beach tourism. Palm coconut trees, sounds of waves and chirping birds, soothing breeze coming from sea, etc all were simply awesome. Later our representative took us to Trivandrum to visit the famous attractions of city. We enjoyed tourism in Trivandrum by visiting attractions like Museum Complex, Science & Technology museum, Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Veli tourist village, and many more. By sunset we came back to Kovalam. Here we surprised at stunning view of sunset over azure Arabian Sea. My experience is that Kovalam is among top destination for mesmeric holiday in Kerala, India.

On third day we visited Varkala. Varkala is also famous beach destination of Kerala and very ideal for Kerala vacations. It is also known for religious significance and often referred as the "Kashi of South". We visited here the Janardhana Temple - 800 year old historic temple dedicated to Lord Ayyappan and Lord Hanuman. On the fourth day of our Kerala holiday package we visited Alleppey, one of the most charming backwater destinations of the state. At Alleppey we surprised at its exceptional beauty. We also enjoyed houseboat cruise and overnight stay at houseboat. It was a holiday experience like no other.
Beach Holidays in Kerala, God's Own Country by:Joseph Moore

On 5th day we visited Cochin - the commercial capital of Kerala. We had heard much about charming Cochin. We visited today fascinating attractions of Cochin like Dutch Palace, St Francis Church, Chinese Fishing Nets, and Jewish Synagogue. Walking in the narrow streets of Fort Kochi visiting colonial homes was a cheerful experience. We also enjoyed this day kathkali, Kerala's classical dance drama program in the evening. On the last day we packed our bags and in time we were transferred to the Cochin Railway station to board train for Delhi. For us our holiday in Kerala was a memorable experience.

About the author

Joseph Moore is an eminent analyst and writer in Travel & Tourism related topics. He has authored many books on tour guide for Kerala Holiday and Holiday in Kerala. Find & choose more packages at http://www.keralatourpackage.org/

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)