Board logo

subject: How I Used Online Classifieds to Buy a Great Used Car by:Chris Carson [print this page]

How I Used Online Classifieds to Buy a Great Used Car by:Chris Carson

I like changing my cars every now and then and since I don't have a lot of money to spare I normally invest in used cars for sale. Until a year ago I used to subscribe to newspapers, which advertise used cars on sale in the auto classifieds section published every Sunday. I was discussing with a friend about how hard it was to peruse the classifieds even though they were arranged by car make and how they should come up with an easier option. My friend informed me that the easier option had been around for a few years now and I should give online classifieds a shot to buy great used cars.

I returned home quite excited and started to Google used cars for sale and discovered hundreds of sites offering free classified ads. There were some general websites which allowed you to sell or rent items and services other than cars and some dedicated wholly to automobiles. I chose to explore both. The other advice my son gave me was to use the Alexa tool and Google's pagerank tool. Both are site rating tools that allow you to see the site's global ranking relative to other sites. Alexa ranks show up alongside the search results allowing you to see which sites are more frequently accessed. An interesting thing I discovered was that some of the sites on page two and three of the search results ranked better than those on page one.

So I started researching of the higher ranked pages on the first two pages and was excited to find hundreds of current ads, which showed photographs of the used cars being advertised for sale, and some even had videos. I also found the search function to be extremely helpful. I could filter my results by almost any car feature I wanted. For example, I could specify not only the car manufacturer, I could also select the year the car was made, the model, my price range, and even if it had a sun roof or not. But how could I file my searches for easy comparison later on.

I took my son's help again. He successfully registered me on several sites within minutes and showed me a space on each site designated to my searches and ads. I could save my searches and access them at anytime, and also make contact with the seller by contacting him through the website. The seller could remain anonymous which I thought was extremely handy. It also lowered my calling costs which I incurred when contacting sellers advertising in newspapers.
How I Used Online Classifieds to Buy a Great Used Car by:Chris Carson

I liked the idea so much I thought of starting my own online classifieds website in Pakistan catering to Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and other major cities in the world. And that's what I did - started a site by the name of Good Deal Hunting. I have a great time managing the website and searching for cars during the day makes it all the more enjoyable. So if you're in the market to buy or sell a used car I would recommend using online classifieds to save time and for a more knowledgeable buy or sale.

About the author

Chris Carson loves to buy and sell used cars and now runs a successful online classifieds by the name of Good Deal Hunting. You can find used cars for sale in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and Pakistan by visiting > http://www.gooddeal-hunting.com/cls/modules/vehicles/search_vehicles.php?category=2&sub_category=2&purpose=1&next_step=FROM_SEARCH_FORM

welcome to Insurances.net (https://www.insurances.net) Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0   (php7, mysql8 recode on 2018)