Top 5 Tips For Starting A Home Based Business - Even During A "global Financial Crisis
During difficult economic times there are great opportunities around for home-based business. Why? Research shows that businesses that begin during lean times are more likely to succeed in the long term for a few reasons:
- There's less clutter in the market place, meaning your message is more likely to be heard
- You've started in lean times so you need to learn business basics from the outset. You're more likely to be on top of your figures, budgets and business plans, and work out quickly what works and what doesn't.
- You're more likely to be creative and cost effective in your business practices.
- You've kept up with the changing way of doing business. A downturn always means a transformation for the way in which business is done. When good times return you'll be up with the latest in technology and business practices.
- All this knowledge puts you ahead of the game when the boom times return.
So, what are my top 5 tips to get started during these so-called "difficult times"?
1. Do something you enjoy. Find something you're passionate about and it will no longer be "work". And because it's something you love, you'll automatically feel successful and satisfied on every level.
2. Find a niche market. The more focussed your customer group, the easier they are to sell to.
3. Find someone who's already been successful in your field and model yourself on them. You don't need to reinvent the wheel. Do some research on who's successful, sign up for their newsletters, check out their web site, marketing collateral and product offers - and follow their steps to success.
4. Manage yourself, not your time. Determine your specific and quantifiable business goals, and then allocate time each day to working on achieving them. Diarise time to do this, just as you would a dentist appointment - then stick to it! Don't get caught up being too busy working "in" the business to work "on" the business.
5. Create the best mindset for success. Don't think like the general public. Most people are caught up in the doom and gloom of a potential recession. Behave as if you're already successful, mix with successful people, be inspired and motivated. Your environment shapes your success.
2009 Home Biz Chicks
WANT TO USE THIS REPORT IN YOUR E-NEWSLETTER OR WEB SITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Online entrepreneur Sue Papadoulis publishes the popular e-newsletter Smart Biz Chicks. If you're ready to jump-start your home business to make more money and have more fun and free time, get your FREE tips and FREE report "How to Generate Free Publicity for Your Home-Based Business" now at www.homebizchicks.com.
WANT TO SEE MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS ONE? Become a Home Biz Chick member and you'll access specialised and expert information on everything you need to know about home business including how to generate a home business idea, how to put it into practice, and how to make it outstandingly successful. Join today.
by: SuepapadoulisAbout the Author:Chief Chick Sue Papadoulis is committed to empowering women who work from home with the means and know-how to live a life of abundance. Sue educates and advises work-from-home women, and those who dream of working from home. A wife, mother and the owner of two successful home-based businesses, Sue is uniquely positioned to help others http://homebizchicks.com/.