Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Save Money With These 5 Food Storage Ideas
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Save Money With These 5 Food Storage Ideas

Need to save a few bucks? One way to save money is to store food in a way that reduces spoilage and waste

. Less food spoilage means less food you will have to buy, which leaves more money in your pocket. Here are five easy ways to save a little money by storing your food so it will last longer and not go to waste.

1. Here is a great way to store your vegetables longer and keep them fresh. Wrap up of vegetables such as lettuce, carrots, squash and celery in paper towels and put them in plastic bags in the crisper box of the refrigerator. The paper towel will prevent oxidation and condensation that softens vegetables and causes mold to grow.

2. Store your rice, beans, and pasta in big, clear storage jars so you can see exactly what and how much you have. Put the date on the jars so you'll have a good idea of when you need to use it. Putting these staple foods in jars also keeps them fresh for a longer period of time. This is especially important when you buy the items in bulk.

3. Cheese can get mold on it fairly quickly, so here's a better way to store it and keep it fresh. Wrap the cheese in aluminum foil as soon as you bring it home from the store. This keeps the cheese from sweating in the plastic bag or container and turning moldy. When you've used up the cheese you can reuse the foil for the next cheese you buy.

4. Flour is one of those food items that attract mites and mealy bugs quickly unless it is stored right. Here's how to lengthen the storage time for flour. Place your bag of flour in an airtight plastic freezer bag and freeze it for 24 hours. Take it out of the freezer but leave the flour in the plastic bag to keep it airtight. You can then store the flour in your pantry or in your refrigerator.

5. Keep the stem on the peppers. When you're using only part of a bell pepper don't cut off the stem or remove the seeds and put it back in the refrigerator. You can store the pepper much longer by leaving the stem and seeds intact than by removing them.

In conclusion, you can see that it's possible to save a little money just by making small changes in the way you store some of your food items. It's not hard to do, but does require action, because doing nothing results in no savings. Make some changes today, and start saving money.

by: Jesse Whitehead
# 2 I recently tried organic full spectrum cbd oil for the first prematurely and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I initiate that it significantly helped with my desire and slumber issues without any remarkable side effects. The grease was effortless to use, with nitid dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, earthy taste that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided increase in my total well-being, ardour more languorous and rested. I comprehend the regular approach to wellness CBD offers and representation to continue using it.   2024-2-20 08:33  reply
5 Simple Ways to Save More Money The Good Thing About Movie Reviews 5 Qualifications Your Virginia Financial Advisor Should Have 500 Capacity Oak Black Jack Table Tray Review Panic Away - Reviews Of Panic Away 6 Ways To Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Online Identity Theft 7 Yard Sale Money Making Ideas 500 Scrapbooking Sketches Review-500 Scrapbooking Sketches 4Videosoft Archos Video Converter Review Breakout Trading Vs Rally Trading- Knowing The Difference! 5 Reasons You Should Read Deodorant Reviews How To Effectively Utilize A Mortgage Loan Calculator 5LINX Review - Is It The Real Deal Or NOT?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(3.17.184.90) / Processed in 0.011533 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 14 , 2427, 385,