Insurances.net
insurances.net » Finance » Let Your Freezer Be Your Money Saving Ally
Finance Investing Loans Personal-Finance Taxes Loan quotes
]

Let Your Freezer Be Your Money Saving Ally

You don't have to be a genius to learn how to save money

. It can be as easy as using your freezer. A freezer is one of the best money-saving appliances you can have your house. Here are four (4) ways a freezer can be one of your best allies for saving money.

1. Bulk foods are usually the least expensive way to buy food, but it can be a problem because it may be more than you can eat before it spoils. Here's the solution -- buy less expensive bulk food items, repackage it in smaller portions, and freeze for later use. Because it's less expensive than most pre-packaged or smaller portioned items, buying food in bulk is a great way to save money and stock up your freezer at the same time.

Here are some examples of what you can do with bulk food:

a. Buy large cuts of meat, portion it into smaller size pieces, then repackage it in freezer bags and freeze until you're ready to use it.

b. Buy fruit and vegetables when it's at low seasonal prices and freeze it. You'll be glad you did when winter comes around and you want some out-of-season fruit. Just pull it out of the freezer, thaw, and you have some fruit that's nearly as fresh as the day it was picked.

c. Stock up on frozen items that are on special. For example, buy pre-packaged microwave meals at the sale price and freeze them. These are perfect items for your lunch box, or to have a quick meal when you're running short of time, or don't' feel like cooking.

While you may spend a little more now to stock up, you will save in the long run. Buying at lower prices now and freezing for later will save you money.

2. If your freezer is empty or nearly empty, don't add food all at once. Add food slowly each day until the freezer is full. Add only about 3 pounds or less of unfrozen food per cubic foot of space each day because smaller amounts will freeze more quickly and thoroughly than larger amounts. This slows the growth of bacteria and reduces the energy consumption of the freezer since it does not have to work as hard.

3. Keep an inventory list of the foods you have stored in your freezer. Attach the list to the freezer door so you can easily see at a glance what is in your freezer. Having an inventory list will cut the time you keep the freezer door open looking for food. It also helps you use the older food or those with an upcoming expiration date before using the newer items.

In summary, we've looked at three ways your freezer can help you save money. Put your freezer to good use if you already have one, and consider buying one if you don't have one. It may be one of the best purchases you will ever make.

by: Jesse Whitehead
# 2 I recently tried cbd topicals after the prime control and was pleasantly surprised past the results. Initially skeptical, I found that it significantly helped with my dread and slumber issues without any remarkable side effects. The fuel was effortless to speak, with clear dosage instructions. It had a indulgent, earthy leaning that was not unpleasant. Within a week, I noticed a decided increase in my total well-being, ardour more serene and rested. I comprehend the regular approach to wellness CBD offers and plan to go on using it.   2024-2-20 18:38  reply
40 Inch Blue Japanese Katana Sword W Dragon Tsuba And Scabbard Review 5linx review: Search on 5linx and their business model 5 Steps to Create Financial Opportunity 4 Main Factors For Anyone To Start Making Extra Money CholesPure Review 5 Tricks To Become Successful In Financial Spread Betting Consider Hard Money Lenders Personal Loans: Go Ahead And Realize Your Dreams Now! 3D Trees Modeling Program TreeMagik Review Forex Trading - Start Out With A Demo Or Micro Account To Test Your Trading System Loan Modification Foreclosure Is A Win-win Situation 4x Pip Snager Review - Does It Work The Uk Gilt Market
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.118.2.15) New York / New York City Processed in 0.011827 second(s), 5 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 20 , 2820, 385,
New York City