Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Is Mineral Make Up Like Bare Minerals Good For Melasma? Does It Provide Enough Coverage?
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Is Mineral Make Up Like Bare Minerals Good For Melasma? Does It Provide Enough Coverage?

Is Mineral Make Up Like Bare Minerals Good For Melasma? Does It Provide Enough Coverage?

Is Mineral Make Up Like Bare Minerals Good For Melasma

? Does It Provide Enough Coverage?

One of the biggest concerns for people who have melasma is how to cover it so that it's not as noticeable. Finding the right foundation or make up in this situation can be a tall order. You need something that covers your uneven skin tone extremely well. But many products that fit this bill are too thick and cakey. You don't want to have to lay it on so thickly that you actually draw more attention to what you are trying to cover up.

Another large concern is sun protection. If you have this condition, you probably already know that sun protection should be one of your highest priorities. Sun damage makes the dark spots worse and makes them harder to fade. Any treatment regimen usually includes very stringent sun protection also. But, many foundations that include sunscreen are either thin or oily.

This is one reason that mineral make up is sometimes suggested for people with melasma or serious skin tone issues. Most mineral make up contains zinc oxide which offers pretty good UV protection. And, most mineral products are very good for and gentle on your skin. But, the down side can be that these products are very sheer and don't provide adequate coverage to cover the dark or uneven areas.

Sometimes, you can add some water to the mineral product and apply it with a make up sponge. This will make the application a bit thicker and will allow it to provide more coverage. This can work for people with mild issues. But sometimes, you just need more coverage and mineral base just isn't going to be enough.

Through a lot of trial and error, I've found that what works best for me is multi layered regimen. I actually use three different types of make up to cover my melasma. After applying a good concealer to hide the dark parts, I start with a sheer tinted moisturizer which is a bit darker than my natural skin tone. (This moisturizer is designed to help even skin tone.) This product helps to blend in any dark areas showing through. Then, I allow this to dry for a few minutes and follow it up with my normal liquid foundation which provides normal or heavy coverage.

Only after this is all dry do I apply a top layer of mineral make up foundation as my pressed powder. By this time, all of my dark and uneven areas are covered. And the minerals provide excellent sun protection (in addition to the sunscreen I also wear and apply first) and it's good for my skin. It also gives a nice overall and non made up look. The key is to make sure everything is dry before you go to the next step and to use light strokes.

And, you have to find the best mineral make up for you because I've found that some of them settle into lines and wrinkles and some of them don't. Of course, as my melasma improves, I'm hoping I don't have to be as elaborate with this regimen. Right now, treating and getting rid of the dark spots are more important to me than covering them.

From personal experience, I know about a variety ofmelasma treatmentsandcoverage products and have very strong opinions about which ones work and which ones don't. I have had good luck with some little known and all natural treatments for hyper pigmentation which I have found very effective for me. You can read aboutmy melasma journeyat http://livingwithmelasma.com/
Purchase Wellness Insurance plan Getting An Instant Renters Insurance Quote Maryland Workers compensation Insurance Tips and Advice Looking for Insurance in Irvine, CA? Motorcycle Insurance Estimates Avail of the Most Economical Insurance with RBC ExpressTerm Insurance Coupon Codes Ho3 Policy: An open peril insurance Understanding Insurance in New Jersey several Keys to A prosperous Insurance Advertising Website Finding an Insurance Agent in Irvine Insurance To Stay Away From Don't Waste Your Money On This Insurance Can You Negotiate Insurance Premiums For Lower Rates?
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(52.14.126.74) Washington / Seattle Processed in 0.012568 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 16 , 3481, 975,
Is Mineral Make Up Like Bare Minerals Good For Melasma? Does It Provide Enough Coverage? Seattle