Insurances.net
insurances.net » Others » Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part I
Auto Insurance Life Insurance Health Insurance Family Insurance Travel Insurance Mortgage Insurance Accident Insurance Buying Insurance Housing Insurance Personal Insurance Medical Insurance Property Insurance Pregnant Insurance Internet Insurance Mobile Insurance Pet Insurance Employee Insurance Dental Insurance Liability Insurance Baby Insurance Children Insurance Boat Insurance Cancer Insurance Insurance Quotes Others
]

Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part I

There is a degree of overlap again between riot

, civil commotion and terrorism, but terrorism is considered separately in that, again, it has a somewhat different history of coverage under All Risk Property Insurance (ARPI) policies. Since the mid-1970s most ARPI policies have contained an exclusion for losses occurring in Northern Ireland.

The standard exclusion has excluded liability for damage in Northern Ireland or Eire caused by riot or civil commotion and damage in Northern Ireland caused by civil commotion or any unlawful, wanton or malicious act committed maliciously by a person or persons acting on behalf of or in connection with any unlawful association.

Unlawful association is defined as meaning any organisation which is engaged in terrorism and includes an organisation which at any relevant time is a proscribed organisation within the meaning of the Northern Ireland (Emergency Provisions) Act 1973. Terrorism is defined as meaning the use of violence for political ends and includes any use of violence for the purpose of putting the public or any section of the public in fear.

The UK Government has taken on the responsibility in Northern Ireland for damage caused by terrorism pursuant to the Criminal Damage (Compensation) (Northern Ireland) Order 1977 which adopts the same definition of terrorism arid unlawful association as the standard ARPI exclusion.

In respect of Great Britain, until recently, ARPI policies and, indeed, fire policies have generally covered terrorism unless it fell within the other overlapping excluded risks such as insurrection, usurped power, riot or civil commotion.

By: Willis J. Watson
Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part II Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part III Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part IV Van Insurance Policies The Extras Useful Tips For Choosing The Right Insurance Company What To Avoid When Seeking Out iPod Touch Insurance Commercial Fleet Management And Insurance-how To Make Wise Green Decisions Football Insurance The Sensible Sports Insurance Renters Insurance Of Apartments Title Tampa for all of your Title Insurance Tampa needs Unpredictability of business set ups opt for Professional indemnity insurance Light Options For Wedding Tent Contractors Insurance Coverage Limitations: Stay Alert
Write post print
www.insurances.net guest:  register | login | search IP(18.222.67.251) Noord-Holland / Amsterdam Processed in 0.011570 second(s), 6 queries , Gzip enabled debug code: 12 , 1747, 975,
Insurance Issues - Terrorism - Part I Amsterdam